Lazertran papers

Old November 29th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Martha S

Default Lazertran papers

Hi, anybody try these? The manufacturer suggests the silk paper for clay,
but I've seen at least one book or magazine article say the inkjet paper is
okay for clay and I'd much rather use my own printer if possible. Opinions
please!

Old November 29th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I know folks that use both with good result.

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Votary

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
NEW! http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Old November 29th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Martha S

Thanks for the reply. FYI, there's a seller on eBay who is selling single
sheets of each with reasonable shipping if you opt for First Class instead
of Priority. Just be sure to check the stores as well as the auctions.

Old December 1st 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
TheDormouse

I've never tried the Lazertran papers before, but I've heard they make good
transfers. I've had success with my inkjet printer and laser printer for
transfers. And you don't even have to use special paper, really. I've used
good quality, high brightness paper for my laser and have always ended up
with clear-edged precise transfers. I've tried a variety of papers with my
ink-jet. I can't recall offhand which I had the most success with. You might
need to do some tests with different brands, but all of them will
undoubtedly be cheaper than Lazertran. The method you use will determine the
amount of success you have, and there are many of them, so give each a try.
I've always left the paper on during baking for both, even though I've seen
methods saying to take the paper off after X number of minutes, and to use
rubbing alcohol or gin. To each their own...whichever method gives you the
clearest picture.

Good luck!
TheDormouse

Old December 2nd 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Martha S

I thought you had to use transfer type paper if you used an inkjet printer.
Oh well, glad I only bought two sheets of Lazertran

I don't have anything anywhere that says inkjet will work. Even the
instruction sheet on the gin transfer says to use copier or laser ink. I'll
give it a try but I can't afford to go out and buy reams and reams of paper
to test and since I'm in the boonies we don't have a paper store out here
where you can buy individual sheets. So if anybody knows of a brand of paper
I can get at Staples that they know will work with an HP DeskJet, or Brother
printer please let me know. Thanks!

Martha

.. .

Old December 2nd 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
[email protected]

Hi,

I took a class with Barbara McGuire. She showed us numerous different
types of transfer papers, and the results she got with each. Lazertran
was the best.