OTish: Good News/Bad News

Old May 9th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default OTish: Good News/Bad News

Hey Beading Friends,
The GOOD news is that my daughter graduated from Radford University Saturday
with her Master's degree in Counseling! She already has a job at a local
high school in the fall.

The BAD news is that my husband did not get a good report his last CAT scan.
The cancer has metastasized into his mesenteric membrane and there is
nothing else the doc can do. Any further treatment would only make him
sicker and not stop the disease. The doc said he had "a few months" at most.
He is trying to be upbeat, but is very weak, still losing weight, not being
able to eat much, etc.

So I'm trying to decide whether I should continue with selling beads/jewelry
or not for now. It does bring in a little income, but I'm having a great
deal of trouble in getting customers to pay on time - I'm not sure it's
worth the time I have to invest in it - time I'd rather be spending with
Jim. I have relisted items at JustBeads this week but can't promise I'll
continue to do so.

Those that believe in prayer, any prayers are appreciated for Jim!

Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
JustBeads: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
Join our Yahoo Group:

Old May 9th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Karleen

I am sorry to hear that the news about Jim is not good.

I think you should spend your time with him - because later you can't
get that time back....
it's not worth more stress trying to collect from people who don't pay
on time.

Maybe you could set your sales up as
BUY now - instant payment (paypal only) required.
I've seen people do those...

Our neighbor was just diagnosed with cancer - and it doesn't sound good
for her...

Hugs
Congrats to your daughter..

Cheryl

Old May 9th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Prayers for you both, Karleen.

Becki

Old May 9th 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Sending good vibes across the pond to you and your DH.

I am sure everyone will understand your need to be with him all the
time.
We will all be waiting for you if you do have to leave us for awhile.
Hugs to you.
Love
Shirley

In message ,
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels writes

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old May 9th 06, 09:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

((((((((((((((((((((((((Karleen & Jim))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I know it's impossible to consider anything positive but keep up with
the beads if only on a smaller basis as you need something to keep your
mind busy and focused. There will be times when you will simply need
something to fill in the blanks.

I'm so sorry to hear the news. You have all my thoughts and wishes.

-Su

Old May 9th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Karleen,

I believe in prayer and will pray for you and your family.

I agree with Su, even if you don't sell anything right now. If you find
pleasure in making jewelry I say keep doing that but don't worry about
the posting of it for now. This will help keep your mind possitive and
busy while not clouding it with the perhaps uncloudy things like -
lisitings, photos, paying or not paying customers, shipping, etc. AND
you will have a "stockpile" when your ready to list and deal with what
goes with that.

Stay focused and possitive.

Cindy

Old May 9th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Keeping you in my thoughts, Karleen.

Barbara

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.

Old May 9th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation. This is such a special
time.

Thoughts and prayers for you and Jim.

Jan
Old May 9th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Spend your time lovingly together as much as you choose.

Don't fret about money or anything else right now, those things will wait,
even if any creditors pretend otherwise.

(((((((Karleen and Jim)))))))))
good vibes coming your way.....
--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery