AD: DesertDreamer beads strike again

Old September 8th 03, 01:35 AM
Karen_AZ

Default AD: DesertDreamer beads strike again

Hi everyone!

I have some nifty new sets on both auctions, listed last night, and several
pretties ending tomorrow.

The new Ebay ones include "Bronze Age" which was something of a surprise.
I'd envisioned softly glowing rose glass over ivory, with fragments of gold
leaf trapped inside....but the glass changed color on me and went bronzy.
Kinda cool! Then there's a nice fall-colored flutter in green and brown, and
a pretty feathered blue bicone.

Over on Justbeads I have a fun purple flecky bicone, a relisted boro bead, a
medley of turquoise and copper green, and an experimental semi-flutter in
amber, orange and yellow (not quite as appalling as it sounds, honest!).

Thanks for looking!

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Old September 8th 03, 01:51 AM
Karen_AZ

Kewllllll Vicki! Thanks for telling me! GGG

Old September 8th 03, 04:40 AM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

Karen you've just got to quit making such gorgeous beads! I ain't fair! LOL

Just kidding, of course, love your flutters... do you ever do waterfall type
beads too?

I'm ocean deprived myself. I had hoped to paint my house this summer, but we
didn't have the moola. Hubby told me we could have done it if I hadn't gone
to the beach in May. But if I hadn't gone I would have gone insane and not
painted either. Sigh....
--
Karleen Page/Vibrant Jewels
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm

Old September 8th 03, 03:08 PM
Karen_AZ

Thanks Karleen! I love being the temptress! G

I don't do the waterfall style beads because, well, I think there are some
other artists out there who do them very well and I get twitchy about doing
something THAT reasonably unique to someone else. I've been messing with
Bulleye again (wait til tonight's listings!) and I could very easily wander
into the kind of work Carol Fonda and Monty Clark do...but I think that
belongs to them. Dots and swirls and things that have been around for ages,
I figure that's pretty much public domain, but unique is exactly that.

I realllly miss the beach! We might get to San Diego in October but I'm not
sure yet. The kids have a week off from school but we're considering heading
north, up to Lake Powell instead. But then I'll get to missing the fall
leaves from back east, instead. LOL

Somebody want to send me some maple and oak leaves, in about a month??? G

Old September 8th 03, 11:57 PM
Karen_AZ

Karen, I've seen plenty of freeform beads. They aren't unique to
Fonda/Clark. They just do them very well. I'd love to see more variation on
that theme. Some by you.

Point taken. I'll get right on it. G

I did an attempt at a 3D flower last week. I've tried with Moretti for ages
but it won't hold a shape well and tends to crack without enough attention.
Since I'm messing with Bullseye more (again) I'm getting braver. This flower
idea has possibilities. G