OT - Grandparent Jokes

Old October 15th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kiteflyer

Default OT - Grandparent Jokes

Geting ready to make some Halloween postcards, thought you might enjoy
some of these.

My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. He
asked me how old I was, and I told him, "62." He was quiet for a moment,
and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"

*****
After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed into old
slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard
the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin.
At last she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room,
putting them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she
heard the three-year-old say with a trembling voice, "Who was THAT?"

*****

A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own
childhood was like: "We used to skate outside on a pond. I had a swing
made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our
pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods." The little girl was
wide-eyed, taking this in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to
know you sooner!"

*****

My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, "Grandma, do you know
how you and God are alike?" I mentally polished my halo while I asked,
"No, how are we alike?" "You're both old," he replied.

*****

A little girl was diligently pounding away on her grandfather's word
processor. She told him she was writing a story. "What's it about?" he
asked. "I don't know," she replied. "I can't read."

*****
I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I
decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what color it
was. She would tell me, and always she was correct. But it was fun for
me, so I continued. At last she headed for the door, saying sagely,
"Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these yourself!"

*****

A Sunday school class was studying the Ten Commandments. They were
ready to discuss the last one. The teacher asked if anyone could tell
her what it was. Susie raised her hand, stood tall, and quoted, "Thou
shall not take the covers off thy neighbor's wife."

*****
Our five-year-old grandson couldn't wait to tell his grandfather about
the movie we had watched on television, "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea."
The scenes with the submarine and the giant octopus had kept him
wide-eyed. In the middle of the telling, my husband interrupted Mark,
"What caused the submarine to sink?" With a look of incredulity Mark
replied, "Grandpa, it was the 20,000 leaks!!"

*****
When my grandson Billy and I entered our vacation cabin, we kept the
lights off until we were inside to keep from attracting pesky insects.
Still, a few fireflies followed us in. Noticing them before I did,
Billy whispered, "It's no use, Grandpa. The mosquitoes are coming after
us with flashlights."

*****

When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, "I'm not
sure." "Look in your underwear, Grandma," he advised. "Mine says I'm
four to six."

*****
A second grader came home from school and said to her grandmother,
"Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today." The
grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool.
"That's interesting," she said, "How do you make babies?" "It's simple,"
replied the girl. "You just change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'"

*****
Children's Logic: "Give me a sentence about a public servant," said a
teacher. The small boy wrote: "The fireman came down the ladder
pregnant." The teacher took the lad aside to correct him. "Don't you
know what pregnant means?" she asked. Sure," said the young boy
confidently. "It means carrying a child."

*****

A nursery school teacher was delivering a station wagon full of kids
home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat
of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children started discussing
the dog's duties. They use him to keep crowds back," said one
youngster. "No, said another, "he's just for good luck." A third child
brought the argument to a close. "They use the dogs", she said firmly,
"to find the fire hydrant."

--
Denny in Fort Wayne
http://community.webshots.com/user/kiteflyer54

/\
/ \
/ \
\ /
\ /
\/
\
\
/
\
\
/
\
Old October 15th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

This one needed a beverage warning!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Old October 15th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

They have cheered me up Denny!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

Old October 16th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michele

You know, I wanted to snip most of this off but I didn't have the
heart to do it.
The magic of a childs thought process is simply amazing. They can see
things that as adults we no longer can. Out of the mouths babes.

Michele

Old October 16th 06, 10:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
M Rimmer

I've got another one, and I promise it's true.

A friend of mine decided to cover up her greys so she dyed her hair
brown, but she was disappointed when all her family said they hated it.
She got a bit of a lift, though, when her granddaughter said "I like it,
granny."
"Do you?" my friend asked.
"Oh yes," said the granddaughter, "It's the same colour as gravy."
--
Mel Rimmer
www.bean-sprouts.blogspot.com