Dress form recommendations?

Old June 21st 09, 11:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
John Smith[_2_]

Default Dress form recommendations?

I am starting to search for a dress form online, and I'm having
difficulty finding much information.

Can anyone suggest some good quality dress forms? Also, if the person
I'm sewing for is on the border between a Small and a Large form, which
size should I get?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old June 22nd 09, 08:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

John Smith wrote:
I am starting to search for a dress form online, and I'm having
difficulty finding much information.

Can anyone suggest some good quality dress forms? Also, if the person
I'm sewing for is on the border between a Small and a Large form, which
size should I get?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I have a whole family of these:
http://www.adjustoform.com/acatalog/...ectFit_82.html

You should be able to find something in the range to suit. My oldest (a
small) is now 27 years old and has just been renovated by myself and my
DH. With care they last much longer, though eventually the foam under
the fabric perishes and they need recovering. This is what we were
doing (and a repair where she had some slight damage after something
fell on her in storage).

They should be able to tell you who your most local stockist is, or
where you can get them online. They may ship direct outside the UK, but
I haven't explored that option as they are made only 30 miles from me.
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old June 22nd 09, 08:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

There's a pretty good selection on eBay - http://spedr.com/5fj51
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com
Old June 23rd 09, 10:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
John Smith[_2_]

Thanks for the reply. I bought a dress form yesterday.

Pogonip wrote:
Kate XXXXXX wrote:
John Smith wrote:
[...]

padding to a dress form Kate Dicey Sewing 2 January 7th 06 04:26 AM
dress form question Marilyn Sewing 14 January 31st 04 06:07 PM
New and searching for dress form unbroken Sewing 4 January 23rd 04 05:51 AM
In need of a plus size dress form Jalynne Sewing 4 September 13th 03 11:35 PM
help with antique dress form Filigree00 Sewing 0 August 29th 03 10:00 AM