Good Morning Saturday!

Old October 13th 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Default Good Morning Saturday!

Hi Everyone!

It's finally cooled off in South Mississippi! We have 4 soccer games
this morning, then I don't know what. I can't wait to put on a warm
sweater and hat, and bring along a big thermos full of steaming hot
coffee!

I've been trying to knit the Pomatomus socks, but they just aren't
cooperating. The pattern isn't difficult, I just pick the worst times
to try to knit. I may lay it down for a while and work on something
mindless until the socks are ready to play nice.

Did I mention it's finally feels like fall? YAY!

Hesira

Old October 13th 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Oct 13, 2:39 pm, hesira wrote:
Hi Everyone!

It's finally cooled off in South Mississippi! We have 4 soccer games
this morning, then I don't know what. I can't wait to put on a warm
sweater and hat, and bring along a big thermos full of steaming hot
coffee!

I've been trying to knit the Pomatomus socks, but they just aren't
cooperating. The pattern isn't difficult, I just pick the worst times
to try to knit. I may lay it down for a while and work on something
mindless until the socks are ready to play nice.

Did I mention it's finally feels like fall? YAY!

Hesira

Here it gets darker earlier every day , that is our clue for Autum ,,
Heat is still too much mirjam

Old October 13th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"hesira" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Everyone!

It's finally cooled off in South Mississippi! We have 4 soccer games
this morning, then I don't know what. I can't wait to put on a warm
sweater and hat, and bring along a big thermos full of steaming hot
coffee!

Good morning to you too, and here in Manitoba, it's been grey,
cloudy and rainy for the best part of a week. I'm sick of it.
We're supposed to get some sun tomorrow and I hope so.
You could send some of your warmer weather up here ;)

I've been trying to knit the Pomatomus socks, but they just aren't
cooperating. The pattern isn't difficult, I just pick the worst times
to try to knit. I may lay it down for a while and work on something
mindless until the socks are ready to play nice.

I have the Pomatomus socks on my list of things to do, but have to
look through my stash first to see if there's anything suitable in there
to make them with. I want to try Cookie A's Monkey socks too.

I still have 3 prs of socks on needles, so MUST finish them first,
along with the Peacock Feathers shawl - which is coming along
very nicely. I'm almost at the end of Chart 7, then the only thing
left is the border chart and the crochet edging. Can't wait - I love
this pattern! Next shawl up is the Hanami, and I can't wait to
get going on it too. So many patterns and so much yarn - not
enough time!!!!!! (giggle).

Shelagh

Old October 13th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Shellagh-That peacock shawl is too gorgeous for words. That's on
my *some day* list.

Hesera-don't feel bad about your Pomotomus socks. I spent 4 1/2
hours in a post op drug induced haze staring at the sock I had just
finished for my son. I could NOT make that Kirshner stitch work to
save my soul! Then, when my sister called late at night, I picked it
up and did it just like that with out thinking! Grrrrr. I don't know
how my mind works or doesn't!
Marie and the cats

Old October 13th 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

It's Sunday morning for me and despite it being Spring in my
hemisphere it's a horrible stormy mess outside and I got up long
enough to grab the lap top and return to bed. I got some lovely
vintage mags to add to my collection this week, so I plan to flick
though those and feast my eyes on the glamorous knits of 1949.

VP

Old October 16th 07, 11:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Vintage Purls" wrote in message
ps.com...
It's Sunday morning for me and despite it being Spring in my
hemisphere it's a horrible stormy mess outside and I got up long
enough to grab the lap top and return to bed. I got some lovely
vintage mags to add to my collection this week, so I plan to flick
though those and feast my eyes on the glamorous knits of 1949.

VP

That reminds me that I used one of those patterns to make a pair of spiral
socks, it was fun and I might use them for bedsocks when camping.

The other day I was reading book which wouldn't have been my choice but my
recently dead mother had written that it was the nicest she'd ever read so I
thought I might get to know her better. Part of it is set during the second
world war and some of the characters were knitting 'comforts' for soldiers.
The heroine said of one friend that she wasn't bright enough to learn to
turn a conventional heel but that she had a spiral pattern for socks which
fitted whichever way they were worn and that if a heel wore through the sock
could be donned another way so that the hole would be on the top of the
foot.

You never know, it might have been true, that spiral socks were knitted for
soldiers.

A bit of history anyway!

Mary

Old October 16th 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Oct 16, 11:12 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
The other day I was reading book which wouldn't have been my choice but my
recently dead mother had written that it was the nicest she'd ever read so I
thought I might get to know her better. Part of it is set during the second
world war and some of the characters were knitting 'comforts' for soldiers.
The heroine said of one friend that she wasn't bright enough to learn to
turn a conventional heel but that she had a spiral pattern for socks which
fitted whichever way they were worn and that if a heel wore through the sock
could be donned another way so that the hole would be on the top of the
foot.

You never know, it might have been true, that spiral socks were knitted for
soldiers.

Yes indeed, a good number of the spiral sock patterns I have come
across are pitched as things to make soldiers.

What was the name of the novel Mary?

VP