Hello! Introduction of returning member

Old March 2nd 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

Default Hello! Introduction of returning member

Gill Murray wrote:

BUT, dear Sheena, the problem with aging is that we DO remember the
past, but where the heck did I put my glasses??

If you're anything like the last person who regularly asked me that
question ... have you checked the top of your head?

--

Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 1/26/07 -- Classy Lady in Coral (JCS) -- done in purple to
match the companion piece

WIP: housewarming gifts, July birthstone, Flowers of
Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Editor/Proofreader www.KarenMCampbell.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Old March 2nd 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia Beaulieu

"Gill Murray" wrote in message

lucretia borgia wrote:
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 18:20:56 -0500, "Lucille"
wrote:

"Gill Murray" wrote in message

lucretia borgia wrote:

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 21:53:10 GMT, Gill Murray
wrote:

JennyWren wrote:

Hello, Everyone!

I wanted to introduce myself. I used to read RCTN about 6 or 7 years
ago, but drifted away. I am the Jenny that lives in Indiana, raises
sheep and used to work at Purdue. I do mainly crossstitch and
needlepoint, but have also taught myslef ot knit in the last couple
of
years. I have two boys, ages 6 and 2, who are doing well. Those of
you with long memories may remember that my older one has eye issues.
He is doing well, but we had to have a glaucoma procedure done on
both
eyes last fall. The right eye also had a complication and now he has
an artificial lens. He will be starting Kindergarten in the fall.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I was working as a small business
advisor, but (long story behind this) I am now at loose ends until I
find something else. So it goes.

I hope all is well with my old friends here and am looking forward to
making new ones.
JennyWren

Welcome Home!!!! I remember you well, and the problem with your son's
eyes. I am glad to hear that the little guy is doing OK!! Is it really
THAT long ago that you were here. My goodness, time sure flies.

Look forward to hearing more from you

Gillian
Florida.

Hey Gillian ! This is proof, we CAN remember for more than a minute
lol

BUT, dear Sheena, the problem with aging is that we DO remember the
past, but where the heck did I put my glasses??

Did you look in the refrigerator??

Yeah Gillian, you'll find them there, right next to your sneakers lol

No sneakers, just blue cheese!

Oh well....they both smell the same! BEG

Mavia

Old March 2nd 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

wrote:

JennyWren wrote:

[...]

I want to add a hearty welcome back to Jenny. You don't know me, but if
you hang around awhile you will.

Lucille

Old March 2nd 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
roseannl

On Mar 1, 3:09 pm, "JennyWren" wrote:

I am the Jenny that lives in Indiana, raises
sheep and used to work at Purdue.

Hi, Jenny - from a fellow Hoosier in Anderson!

Hugs n' Stitches - RoseAnn
http://roseannl.multiply.com

Old March 2nd 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

[...]

I remember you, Jenny, and your son's eye trouble! Glad to hear you
are all doing well.

I'm just returning to RCTN myself, after about a year or two hiatus.
I started a great new job (same company, different location), moved
(from Carmichaels PA to Fairmont WV), met the love of my life, and got
engaged. Needless to say, I'm just now finding time to stitch
again.

Right now I'm working on Max's Moon over 1 (Dimensions), Feed the
Hungry (Crossed Wing), a wedding sampler of my own design for my
nephew & his wife, and Pennsylvania Redware (can't recall the
designer), plus a long list of UFOs.

Jacqueline

Old March 2nd 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 3/1/07 3:09 PM, "JennyWren" wrote:

[...]

Hi Jenny,

Glad to see you're back, and that your son is doing well. No doubt 2 boys
can certainly be keeping you busy. Looking forward to sharing stitchin'
stuff - and more of course (around here for sure).

Ellice

Old March 2nd 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 3/2/07 8:50 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 3/2/07 6:46 AM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 21:58:01 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 3/1/07 7:22 PM, in article
,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 23:51:46 GMT, Gill Murray
wrote:

Hey Gillian ! This is proof, we CAN remember for more than a minute
lol

BUT, dear Sheena, the problem with aging is that we DO remember the
past,
but where the heck did I put my glasses??

Did you look in the refrigerator??

Yeah Gillian, you'll find them there, right next to your sneakers lol
No sneakers, just blue cheese!

Same general smell lol Though not as bad as Cheryl's kids lololol

Please - it was a 2 rink day for DD.....

I should have made it clear, I meant their feet, not the kids stink
lol

Trust me, every inch stinks some days - from the tips of their toes to the
top of their sweaty little heads.

Cheryl

Wash gear. Wash gear. Wash gear. It helps with the stink transfer to the
kids. Wipe out helmets with anti-bac soap - for some reason that helps.
Did I mention - wash gear???? Put something like foot-powder in the gloves
(helps with stink and absorbing - I have some with tea tree oil in it which
also has antiseptic purposes).

ellice

Old March 2nd 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

"lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 21:58:01 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 3/1/07 7:22 PM, in article
,

wrote:

[...]

No, my dear, it is their sweet little selves that smell to high heaven when
all the gear is off and it went on clean and dry.

Cheryl

Returning Stitcher Maureen In Vancouver, B.C. Needlework 20 February 15th 07 04:22 PM
Returning Show jim redden Beads 0 October 31st 06 08:38 PM
Returning after *long* absence TerriLee in WA Quilting 41 March 10th 06 08:27 PM
Returning lurker requests help. Al Reeve Needlework 1 January 1st 05 10:02 AM
Returning to the subject of.....Scraps Sharon Harper Quilting 10 May 18th 04 06:11 PM