Los Angeles Quilt Shops?

Old May 11th 05, 12:56 PM
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Default Los Angeles Quilt Shops?

I'll be traveling to L.A. tomorrow for a few days with DS#2 and lovely
wife. They live in La Canada, which is near Pasadena (they tell me).
Any hints for good quilty spots to visit in the area?

tia,
joan

Old May 11th 05, 01:51 PM
Karen Harmin

Joan,

I'll be traveling to L.A. tomorrow for a few days with DS#2 and lovely
wife. They live in La Canada, which is near Pasadena (they tell me).
Any hints for good quilty spots to visit in the area?

You're in luck. There are several fabulous quilt shops very
close to La Canada.

Depending where you are in La Canada, the closest store may
be Quilt 'n' Things (which you have to love because they've
properly punctuated their name!). Not terribly large, but a
really great selection of fabrics, in a very fun town.
Montrose is one of the few towns in SoCal with a bona fide
main street that hasn't changed much from, oh, 1930-1950.
http://www.quiltnthings.com

If you can get over to Burbank, you have to go to Q Is For
Quilts -- it's one of the biggest stores in the area and is
really fabulous. Definitely worth the drive! (Prepare for
sensory overload when you walk in the door.) The owner,
Julie, is an absolute sweetheart.
http://www.qisforquilts.com

There's also Bearly Stitchin in Pasadena -- I was in there
once for about 3 minutes, so can't tell you much about it.
MeSue lived in that area and hated that store -- she said
they were very unhelpful. But they do have fabric, and that
was a lot of years ago, so you might want to check it out.
http://www.bearlystitchin.com/

There are dozens of other good quilt shops in southern
California, so if you're leaving the Pasadena area, you've
got lots of other options. The Fabric Patch in Montclair,
Quilt Emporium in Woodland Hills, TreadleArt in Lomita,
Luella's Quilt Basket in Manhattan Beach, A Quilter's Dream
in San Gabriel, Creative Expressions in Palm Springs ...

Have a great trip!

Karen Harmin
Old May 11th 05, 03:19 PM
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Thank you so much! This is going to be fun fun fun!

joan

Old May 11th 05, 04:31 PM
Butterfly

Karen Johnson------is this you? Did YOU get married and NOT tell us? Or did
I miss that post? (I avg 127 so that is very likely)
You and HoBo are the only Karens that I know of that knew MeSue..
IF I missed the post:
Congratulations : )
If this isn't you--sorry.....
Butterfly (should I be excited? )

Joan,

Old May 11th 05, 06:53 PM
Terbear

if you like real bargains, there is always the fabric district in downtown
LA!
I found some wonderful African fabrics the last time I was there.
Have fun! Let us know what you got when you come back.

--
Terbear~Curator of the HUG Gallery~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS

Teri's quilts~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old May 11th 05, 09:45 PM
Pat in Virginia

Karen,
This sounds suspiciously like our friend Karen
Johnson! So, are you a new bride now? Details
woman, we want details!!! (Well, not ALL the details!)
Grinning, PAT in VA/USA

Old May 11th 05, 10:31 PM
Pauline O'Connell

Would you like a copy of my Southern California quilt shop list? Email me &
I'll send it to you.

Pauline

Old May 12th 05, 03:32 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
It is. She did.
Ragmop/Sandy--who heard all about it on the Baseball Swap ;-D

Old May 12th 05, 01:50 PM
Debbi

If you can get to Orange County, you HAVE to go to M & L's in Anaheim
3430 W Ball Rd
Anaheim, CA

The have flat folds for $1.69. More fabric than you can ever imagine. It
is an experience not to be missed. Will be making my way up there soon
as I have not gone in for a while and in need of a few things.

Debbi in SO CA