OT organizing binge

Old January 18th 05, 07:03 PM
teleflora

"Raye Ahn" wrote in message
oups.com...
As to using the leftovers for stash, "mahvelis" idea! I just recently
cut up an old pair of my pants (imagine--they got a little small....)
and used them in a quilt for SIL for Christmas.

hehehhehehheh. I just had visions of us wandering through our house,
scissors in hand, looking for that perfect bit of fabric. NOTHING would be
off limits.

Cindy

Old January 18th 05, 07:05 PM
frood

I couldn't wait for Spike and Giles to outgrow a set of dresses they had! I
loved the fabric, and wanted it for my stash!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old January 18th 05, 07:08 PM
teleflora

"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
LOL...and here I thought I was nuts (or as DH says, anal retentive). My
big thing is the wire hangers, which, of course brings "Mommy Dearest" to
mind. However, they are strictly for dry cleaners, not for my house.

Larissa, I hate wire hangers too. Do you replace all the wire hangers with
plastic ones when you bring the clothes in from the dry cleaners? I am
tempted to take plastic hangers in with my shirts (they do my ironing now,
be still my heart).

Larisa, who still gets a kick out of DH not remembering which drawer his
socks are in

We've lived in this house for over 7 years and I can still hear DH opening
every cupboard looking for a glass. Honey, they are right above the
dishwasher where we have kept glasses since our very first dishwasher 30
years ago. Different houses, same glass location.

Cindy

Old January 18th 05, 08:28 PM
Kate Dicey

teleflora wrote:

[...]

We have been 20 years here and DH STILL doesn't know where to put things
away! He manages most things, but there are a few that may not get used
every day that he can never remember... Then there are the things we do
use all the time that he constantly puts away IN THE WRONG PLACE! AAARGH!

Gotta love him, it's the only way to cope!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 18th 05, 08:35 PM
teleflora

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
Some may say I have wy too much time on my hands, but this morning at the

ARgggghhhhh! Since when do we have too much time on our hands???? Are there
not too few hours in the day and days in the week to do all we have to do,
let alone all we WANT to do??

Don't you ever say that again. Ever. And correct anyone who says it to
you. I mean it, Roberta. This made you happy. Since when do we have to
apologize for that?

Cindy exhausted from climbing up and down off that BIG soapbox

Old January 18th 05, 11:54 PM
CNYstitcher

teleflora wrote:

"CNYstitcher" wrote in message

Larissa, I hate wire hangers too. Do you replace all the wire hangers with
plastic ones when you bring the clothes in from the dry cleaners? I am
tempted to take plastic hangers in with my shirts (they do my ironing now,
be still my heart).

we don't take anything to the dry cleaners anymore, but I still have a
few wire hangers that haven't made it to the trash yet....not sure why
that is.

Larisa, who still gets a kick out of DH not remembering which drawer his
socks are in

We've lived in this house for over 7 years and I can still hear DH opening
every cupboard looking for a glass. Honey, they are right above the
dishwasher where we have kept glasses since our very first dishwasher 30
years ago. Different houses, same glass location.

Cindy

now there is where we have a problem....we just redid our kitchen and
dining room, so there are times when it can be me or DH looking for
something...lol..but at least all the food is in a pantry and not
scatterd all over the place in different cabinets sigh.

Larisa
Old January 19th 05, 04:48 AM
DrQuilter

if you are nuts, so am I. I also like all my hangers to be the same
colour, and all the stuff to be on the same orientation.... and if I
have multiple styles of hangers, I sort them so that all of the shirts
are in one kind, the jackets in the second, etc....

Roberta Zollner wrote:

Some may say I have wy too much time on my hands, but this morning at the
supermarket they had nice plastic hangers in the perfect color to match our
dressing room and a giveaway price. So I bought tons of them. And just
finished going through all DH's shirts. Tossed out lots that no longer fit
or he hasn't worn for years. Put the rest on the beautiful hangers, all
facing the same direction, and organized by color. He thinks I'm nuts. But
he didn't tell me to stop! To get back on topic, a couple of the tossed ones
will become stash :-)
Roberta in D

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old January 19th 05, 11:26 AM
Roberta Zollner

Thank you! Tidy closets do make me happy. But I do feel a
bit -procrastinatory. There's a quilt simmering in the subconscious, needs
to be let out soon!
Roberta in D

Old January 19th 05, 11:29 AM
Roberta Zollner

Anal retentives of the world unite! (Kidding! Sort of!) Marissa, you are
probably my DD1's long-lost twin. She's your age, she's my child and very
much like me. (I gave birth to her sister, but that one is almost entirely
DH's!)
Roberta in D

Old January 19th 05, 03:37 PM
Tamara

The clothes in my closet starts with white short sleeve shirts and ends
in back. Then comes the long sleeve done the same way. After that the
short sleeve blouses again followed by the long sleeve. I'm sure you get
the idea.

Tamara

Roberta Zollner wrote:

Some may say I have wy too much time on my hands, but this morning at the
supermarket they had nice plastic hangers in the perfect color to match
our dressing room and a giveaway price. So I bought tons of them. And
just finished going through all DH's shirts. Tossed out lots that no
longer fit or he hasn't worn for years. Put the rest on the beautiful
hangers, all facing the same direction, and organized by color. He thinks
I'm nuts. But he didn't tell me to stop! To get back on topic, a couple
of the tossed ones will become stash :-)
Roberta in D

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)

Ever used Quilters Organizing Software? Susan Laity Price Quilting 4 June 25th 04 03:57 AM
OT - need advice on organizing letters possibly from librarians Julia Altshuler Quilting 7 May 3rd 04 11:37 PM
Cleaning and organizing the stash closet Bungadora Needlework 10 December 3rd 03 04:42 PM
Framing binge Linda D. Needlework 34 November 19th 03 12:13 PM
Finish UFOs Binge MerryStahel Quilting 12 September 17th 03 10:21 PM