merezhka embroidery update

Old August 13th 04, 12:46 AM
Jeanine3

Waaaah! Still can't get it. Oh well - found this article:
http://www.ukrfolk.kiev.ua/polissya/POL_ENG/POL_ENG(11).htm

it mentions traditional openwork with a bracketed whitework. Didn't read
the whole thing, just scanned for the parts with my name (LOL! too much
coffee today!) anyway, was wondering if it had info regarding your
original question about traditional techniques...
Jeanine in Canada

Yvette wrote:
Just checked it and it worked fine... Um, no idea why it won't work
for you! Sorry!

I did post yesterday to say thanks to Stefania, but I got an error
when I clicked on the post button. As I got posted twice the other day
by error, I decided to let it go and see if it came up anyway, because
I didn't want to repeat post like the other day again. But as it turns
out, it didn't show up.

So, Stephania, again I say thanks! That "teddies" website is a real
find for anyone who wants to clearly see how to do the technique.

Yvette
Sydney, Australia

Yvette, the site keeps giving me a connection error or timing out - can
you double check the url? Thanks!!

Old August 13th 04, 11:01 PM
Yvette

Hi Jeanine,

Fantastic article thanks - that huge bibliography at the end! Thanks!

".... just scanned for the parts with my name (LOL! too much
coffee today!) "

Er... um... I can imagine doing this in an area of one's interest or
field of expertise, but...?! big grin!!

And so... did you find your name? :-)

Yvette
Sydney, Australia
Old August 14th 04, 04:49 AM
Jeanine3

LOL! Yvette!
I don't know when I started it but sometime lately I started to have a
short attention span when reading. I find myself scanning for "relevant
or important things" and skipping all the stuff in between. I usually
read aloud when I really want to get it all because this way I can't
skip over. Sometimes too in conversation I find myself zoning out when
someone starts going on about details irrelevant to the topic. LOL! So
far I hope I haven't offended anyone but my mom has started inserting my
name randomly in emails, telephone conversations and even face-to-face
conversations just to get me to re-focus. So we laugh and say that "I
just scanned for the parts with my name" when she knows I haven't been
paying attention. Even my sister has started it, except at her house
they use: "blah, blah, blah - sprinkles" after my niece was talking to
my sister for so long about donuts that my sister only zoned back in for
"sprinkles" at the end. What's happening to us?
Anyway, I'm glad the article was useful. Maybe one day I'll read it!
;-)
Jeanine in Canada

Embroidery software futa Machine Knit 0 February 6th 05 06:13 AM
Embroidery software ola Marketplace 0 January 26th 05 12:27 PM
Books about Stitches - longish list Dianne Lewandowski Needlework 20 August 8th 03 07:27 AM
CHINESE EMBROIDERY HISTORY & MORE Zoe Marketplace 0 August 7th 03 06:46 AM