Sewing spaces --

Old October 17th 10, 06:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

Default Sewing spaces --

In trying to find the floor of my sewing area-- I find myself once again
wondering where all of you sew? And if you are more organized than I am!

So I am asking you to take a picture of your sewing area and upload it to
your favorite photo website (I use webshots -- others use shutterfly,
picasa...) If you don't have a website -- post here and someone will help
you (or you can mail the pics to one of us and we'll upload them for you).

Let's create a sewing space hop -- so when you have yours up -- just post a
link here! Add a short discussion here to supplement if you'd like.

Are you up for this? I'll plan to take my pics tomorrow (and you'll see my
huge mess!!)

--
Kate in MI

Old October 17th 10, 11:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 17/10/2010 06:22, Kate in MI wrote:
In trying to find the floor of my sewing area-- I find myself once again
wondering where all of you sew? And if you are more organized than I am!

So I am asking you to take a picture of your sewing area and upload it
to your favorite photo website (I use webshots -- others use shutterfly,
picasa...) If you don't have a website -- post here and someone will
help you (or you can mail the pics to one of us and we'll upload them
for you).

Let's create a sewing space hop -- so when you have yours up -- just
post a link here! Add a short discussion here to supplement if you'd like.

Are you up for this? I'll plan to take my pics tomorrow (and you'll see
my huge mess!!)

I sew all over the place! In the past I have sewn in schools, churches,
school halls, the garden...

But personal and customer regular sewing spaces? MOST of the house!
OFFICIALLY I have the Sewing Room upstairs, which doubles s a spare
bedroom and a library. I cut and press downstairs in the conservatory,
where there is room for the dress stands, the ironing board and the
cutting table. And an occasional spare set of sewing machines for when
friends come and sew with me! So here are some views of the various
different sewing spaces and some of the organization!

Thread organization:
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co....Organizing.htm

Some general views of the sewing room:
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co....Jennyfront.JPG
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co....ltComplete.JPG

Cutting table, in various formats!
http://pics.livejournal.com/katexxxxxx/pic/002wxz91
http://pics.livejournal.com/katexxxxxx/pic/001z0g04

Extra sewing space in the conservatory!
http://pics.livejournal.com/katexxxxxx/pic/002eqat6

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 17th 10, 12:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

I think everybody's seen my 'studio' in my current house- I think this is
the first and last time it was all tidy!

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...74011424fbQFzf

This is a re-organization of the studio in my previous house. My current
house has nearly double the size and the same cabinets have been recycled to
my current house.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...61334020QZBDjR

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old October 17th 10, 01:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

I find myself once again wondering .... if you are more organized than I am!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (ROTFLMAOWTIME!)

Kate in MIhttp://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves

Old October 17th 10, 04:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak[_2_]

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 00:22:35 -0500, Kate in MI wrote
(in article ):

In trying to find the floor of my sewing area-- I find myself once again
wondering where all of you sew? And if you are more organized than I am!

So I am asking you to take a picture of your sewing area and upload it to
your favorite photo website (I use webshots -- others use shutterfly,
picasa...) If you don't have a website -- post here and someone will help
you (or you can mail the pics to one of us and we'll upload them for you).

Let's create a sewing space hop -- so when you have yours up -- just post a
link here! Add a short discussion here to supplement if you'd like.

Are you up for this? I'll plan to take my pics tomorrow (and you'll see my
huge mess!!)

Sounds like fun. But nobody wants to see the current state of my space. No
real floor, everything topsy turvy because we still haven't gotten around to
fixing the flooding problem and remaking the studio.

And my dining room table where I currently sew is covered with cats, my iMac,
and a bunch of silver that I've been polishing. Plus my purchases from the
shop hop yesterday.

Maureen

Old October 17th 10, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Oct 17, 1:22*am, "Kate in MI" wrote:
In trying to find the floor of my sewing area-- I find myself once again
wondering where all of you sew? * And if you are more organized than I am!

So I am asking you to take a picture of your sewing area and upload it to
your favorite photo website (I use webshots -- others use shutterfly,
picasa...) * If you don't have a website -- post here and someone will help
you (or you can mail the pics to one of us and we'll upload them for you)..

Let's create a sewing space hop -- so when you have yours up -- just post a
link here! *Add a short discussion here to supplement if you'd like.

Are you up for this? *I'll plan to take my pics tomorrow (and you'll see my
huge mess!!)

--
Kate in MIhttp://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves

Here is a link to my Sewing Space. It is a link to the first picture
of four in the folder on Picasa. I hope you enjoy it.
John
http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...52879081379714
Old October 17th 10, 06:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L. in MA[_2_]

Kate in MI wrote:

So I am asking you to take a picture of your sewing area and upload it
to your favorite photo website (I use webshots -- others use shutterfly,
picasa...) If you don't have a website -- post here and someone will
help you (or you can mail the pics to one of us and we'll upload them
for you).

Let's create a sewing space hop -- so when you have yours up -- just
post a link here! Add a short discussion here to supplement if you'd like.

Are you up for this? I'll plan to take my pics tomorrow (and you'll see
my huge mess!!)

Oh, this might just be the incentive that I need. I haven't had the
ambition to go over to my sewing room in months (it is over a detached
garage). It is a wonderful space, although quite a mess now. I will
need to get over there and clean it up anyway as it doubles as a "guest
house" and we will be having company over Thanksgiving.

Hmmm... what am I doing playing on this computer? I should be doing
something productive! Thanks for the nudge. Pictures of before and
after (which will look better, I hope) will be posted in a few days.

Rita

--
Rita L. in MA One Eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)
Old October 17th 10, 10:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

I got my sewing room under control in the summer. It's a little less
clinical and sterile, now, but remains tidy and organised. I just
love the way I can come up here and grab exactly what I need without a
game of Tower of Hanoi Patience and three pots of tea to calm down
afterwards.

Here's the link:

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...20July%202010/

The only thing missing is my Mighty Wurlitzer (Hinterberg Classic
Quilt Frame). That lives in the sitting room when it is in use, and
stacked against the wall in between times. The spare poles are
migratory between the hayloft and my attic.

And I quilt anywhere and anywhere. I gather all my stuff up, stuff it
in my Dump Bag and off I trot. I am still hunting the ultimate caddy
for the sewing assessories, but my latest Mae-West version is oh-so-
close.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old October 17th 10, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L. in MA[_2_]

Kate in MI wrote:

So I am asking you to take a picture of your sewing area and upload it
to your favorite photo website (I use webshots -- others use shutterfly,
picasa...)

O.K. I got brave and took pictures of the good, the bad and the ugly.
Then I started to pick things up. It really isn't as bad as I thought.
I may actually have it organized before the guests arrive on
Thanksgiving :-)

Photos are on Flickr. I think that I made them public.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rita-ra...7625185436274/

Rita

--
Rita L. in MA One Eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)
Old October 17th 10, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On 17/10/2010 22:57, Sartorresartus wrote:
[...]

Despitr still having large areas of black paint on walls and ceiling
(and the tale behind THAT is venerable indeed, and belongs to a former
life the room experienced!), Nel's sewing room is a friendly and
inviting space. She has wrought marvelous changes there.

When I first knew the room, it was a dusty and neglected attic, reached
by a ladder down a thing known as 'the back passage' round a former
bathroom... The bathroom was relocated (rather magnificently!), the
wall torn down, and a nice wooden staircase introduced. Access is now
through the book-lined study. Nel became ill about a third of the way
through getting the walls painted, but it had already become The Sewing
Room. In the last couple or three years the place was sadly neglected
and became a place of stress and a home for moths and carpet beetles.
Now she has waved her magic wand, and while it was incredibly tough
sorting it out, she has come through with honour. We spent some hours
together in her eirie this summer, Nel working on her quilt and I on my
18th C wardrobe.

Here are a couple more pictures from then:

The Elna Stella Air Electronic set up on nel's Bernina table:
http://pics.livejournal.com/katexxxxxx/pic/0030fzgb

Piles of my stuff on the cutting table!
http://pics.livejournal.com/katexxxxxx/pic/0030ktw8

Raven looking after us! (Them's Big Scary Teef, but he doesn't bit!)
http://pics.livejournal.com/katexxxxxx/pic/0033waf2

Sewing Spaces Pat in Virginia Quilting 5 February 13th 08 09:09 PM
Don't LOOK At the Spaces! Troll Alert! Sunny[_2_] Quilting 8 February 13th 08 02:18 PM
Is ths a good deal? Grace Quilting Sewing Frame +Janome 1600 Sewing Machine bobbi Quilting 12 December 8th 06 09:18 PM
Quilting studios/sewing spaces Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 45 October 22nd 06 11:28 PM
O.T. -Trading Spaces - Home Free CANDCMOM2 Quilting 1 March 8th 04 02:33 AM