Any good shops in San Diego??

Old May 8th 04, 01:55 PM
Terry Eakins

Default Any good shops in San Diego??

I'll be there in mid May, seeing my Navy son off on his deployment. I know
there are some shops listed on Hoffman's site...any good ones?

Thanks,

AnitaKC

Old May 8th 04, 04:32 PM
Andrea Dutra

The following stores are listed in Yarn Tree. I added the web site links
that I knew about.

Stitch-A-Cross 7439 Mission Gorge Rd, San Diego, CA 92120 Ph. 619-287-4788

Stitchcraft Store 4941E Clairemont Dr, San Diego, CA 92117 Ph. 858-272-4003
http://www.stitchcraft.signonsandiego.com/

Stitcher's Stash 3701 Seligman Drive, Bakersfield, CA 93309 Ph. 661-833-9839

Stitcher's Treasures 132 E Grand Ave, Escondido, CA 92025 Ph. 760-737-3113
http://www.stitcherstreasures.com/index.html

My friend lived in San Diego and swore by the Stitcher's Treasures
store. I haven't been to any of them, but plan to visit several on my
next trip down that way.

Hope it helps.
Andrea

Old May 9th 04, 03:26 AM
Dawn Cherni

Stitcher's Stash 3701 Seligman Drive, Bakersfield, CA 93309 Ph.

661-833-9839

Hi,
Just a note this one is past L.A. it is over 5 hour drive from San Diego. I
used to live in San Diego. There is all so a very nice shop in La Jolla, I
don't have the name or address since I can't remember it. But I do believe
some one here can give you the address.

Dawn

Old May 9th 04, 01:26 PM
Terry Eakins

I noticed it was a long distance away when I did Map Quest on the address!
After seeing Danny's ship off, my other two kids are flying home and my
husband and I are driving up to northern CA, so I may stop there anyway, if
it's not out of the way. I'm also hoping to stop again at Elegant Stitch.

Since you used to live in San Diego, is there anything you'd suggest we do
while there? We were there last year for Friends & Family Day on Danny's
ship but have more time this year and thought we'd do a few more things.

Thanks,

AnitaKC
Proud Navy Mom of Danny
Proud Army Mom of Jeff

Old May 9th 04, 09:08 PM
Dawn Cherni

Hi Terry,

husband and I are driving up to northern CA, so I may stop there anyway,

It could be out of the way it just depends on how far up the cost you want
to go.

Since you used to live in San Diego, is there anything you'd suggest we do
while there?

Well Balbo Park has some nice places to go the Zoo is nice. But it has been
along time for me. The board walk is fun to watch the people. La Jolla is
very nice for shopping. Old town is all so very interesting.

Dawn

Old May 9th 04, 10:38 PM

Two of the best needlepoint shops around are across the
street from each other in La Jolla -- it must work for them,
kind of like BK and McDonalds being across the street from
each other!

On Sat, 8 May 2004, Terry Eakins wrote:

I'll be there in mid May, seeing my Navy son off on his deployment. I know
there are some shops listed on Hoffman's site...any good ones?

Thanks,

AnitaKC

Katherine Becker "As god is my witness
I thought turkeys could fly"
NEVER SEND A FERRET TO DO A WEASEL's JOB --WKRP