Have you ever wanted to give away all your needlework gear?

Old December 13th 11, 04:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kalmia

Default Have you ever wanted to give away all your needlework gear?

I am seriously thinking along those lines. My fingers are getting
sore, and I really have no desire to do any projects. My walls are
full and there is no one I want to make anything for.
Should I wait a year, or just tote all my floss, Persian wool,
crochet needles etc to the next local craft show and give it all away?

When do you know you've had enough?
Old December 13th 11, 11:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sara

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 19:02:28 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
wrote:

I am seriously thinking along those lines. My fingers are getting
sore, and I really have no desire to do any projects. My walls are
full and there is no one I want to make anything for.
Should I wait a year, or just tote all my floss, Persian wool,
crochet needles etc to the next local craft show and give it all away?

When do you know you've had enough?

I have had more than one hiatus of over a year when I had no desire to
stitch. I think I would wait a year or 2 to see if you want to again.
If not, then divest yourself of your stash.
JMO,
Sara
Old December 13th 11, 12:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/12/11 10:02 PM, Kalmia wrote:
I am seriously thinking along those lines. My fingers are getting
sore, and I really have no desire to do any projects. My walls are
full and there is no one I want to make anything for.
Should I wait a year, or just tote all my floss, Persian wool,
crochet needles etc to the next local craft show and give it all away?

When do you know you've had enough?

first - put it up here - some one will pay postage to get it.

Second - I've left and returned to needlework a few times. And have 20
year old WIPS to show for it..

Give yourself 6 months to a year. Do something else for a hobby. Paint,
knit, garden, take up glass blowing - what ever takes your fancy. While
I love the finish, it the process for me.

Hugs and stick around here.

Cheryl
Old December 13th 11, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Dec 13, 8:31*am, Karen C in Calif wrote:
Kalmia wrote:
I am seriously thinking along those lines. *My fingers are getting
sore, and I really have no desire to do any projects. *My walls are
full and there is no one I want to make anything for.
Should I wait a year, or just tote all my floss, Persian wool,
crochet needles etc to the next local craft show and give it all away?

When do you know you've had enough?

When I've died.

--

Good reply, Karen!

As for my opinion on this: I divested myself of some things in the
1990s that I paid serious money to get back in the 2000s. Just
saying.

Donna in Virginia
Old December 13th 11, 04:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kalmia

Kalmia wrote:
I am seriously thinking along those lines. *My fingers are getting
sore, and I really have no desire to do any projects. *My walls are
full and there is no one I want to make anything for.
Should I wait a year, or just tote all my floss, Persian wool,
crochet needles etc to the next local craft show and give it all away?

When do you know you've had enough?

When I've died.

--

Good reply, Karen!

As for my opinion on this: *I divested myself of some things in the
1990s that I paid serious money to get back in the 2000s. Just
saying.

Donna in Virginia

I get ya. I had to find a crochet hook recently - delved into my 30
yo stash. After all, they don't take up to much space.
Old December 14th 11, 12:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/13/11 8:59 AM, Donna wrote:
On Dec 13, 8:31 am, Karen C in wrote:
Kalmia wrote:
I am seriously thinking along those lines. My fingers are getting
sore, and I really have no desire to do any projects. My walls are
full and there is no one I want to make anything for.
Should I wait a year, or just tote all my floss, Persian wool,
crochet needles etc to the next local craft show and give it all away?

When do you know you've had enough?

When I've died.

--

Good reply, Karen!

As for my opinion on this: I divested myself of some things in the
1990s that I paid serious money to get back in the 2000s. Just
saying.

Donna in Virginia

LOL - I'm still seeking that one issue of Needlewords.

Cheryl
Old December 14th 11, 01:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

--

Good reply, Karen!

As for my opinion on this: *I divested myself of some things in the
1990s that I paid serious money to get back in the 2000s. Just
saying.

Donna in Virginia

LOL - I'm still seeking that one issue of Needlewords.

Cheryl

Which issue? I'll keep my eyes open. In fact, if you are really lucky,
I might already have an extra one!

Donna L. whose friends seem to be shedding old magazines these days
Old December 14th 11, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mary

Don't do it! Just put things away. Chances are almost certain that
within a year or two that you will be ready to stitch! Or a friend or
relative will want to learn, and you will be able to teach and to
share your goodies. Or someone will have a baby. Or someone will be
ill or disabled. And you will be able to make a perfect gift! I
have on occasion put various things away, and have ALWAYS gone back to
them in one capacity or another -- knitting, crochet, tatting,
weaving, painting, and quilting.
Old December 15th 11, 05:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

I couldn't have said it better. Life is rhythmic. We go in and out,
never really letting go. The same question crossed my mind. I quickly
dismissed it. I'll be out of school. I'll pick up needle and thread,
or knitting needles, or a crochet hook. I'll see something at just the
right time and the urge will return. I've done the same with music over
the years. I get passionate, it wanes, and I go back stronger than ever.

Such is life.

Dianne

Old December 16th 11, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/14/11 7:56 AM, Donna wrote:

--

Good reply, Karen!

As for my opinion on this: I divested myself of some things in the
1990s that I paid serious money to get back in the 2000s. Just
saying.

Donna in Virginia

LOL - I'm still seeking that one issue of Needlewords.

Cheryl

Which issue? I'll keep my eyes open. In fact, if you are really lucky,
I might already have an extra one!

Donna L. whose friends seem to be shedding old magazines these days

you looked - the issue of Needlewords with the bluets pattern

Need help with making pro wrestling gear Seth Sewing 10 June 18th 09 02:54 AM
Baby gear Boca Jan Quilting 9 April 9th 07 04:36 AM
Sewing machine suugestions for outdoor gear [email protected] Quilting 6 May 6th 05 02:35 PM
FS:T-shirts and Gear James Wright Marketplace 0 March 6th 05 10:08 PM
Problem with bobbin gear Wave Jumper Sewing 1 June 1st 04 02:03 AM