Do-lolly

Old November 23rd 13, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

Default Do-lolly

Does anybody remember the do-lolly (sp.)? It was a tool to help tie in your
thread if it got to short. It was very pretty and I believe the person that
created the tool passed away. I broke mine and would like to find a similar
tool.
Sharon in MN

Old November 23rd 13, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

Thank you so much for your answer. I have had my old one since forever and
I miss it so will have to get a new one.
Sharon in MN

wrote in message

http://www.embroidery.com/family.ec?EFID=2853

These people are pretty good but I think Nordic Needle would be handy
for you

http://www.nordicneedle.com/ctgy/too...cessories.html

though I didn't check out whether they had them.

HTH

Old November 24th 13, 12:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sara

On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 09:09:25 -0600, "sharoncapps"
wrote:

Does anybody remember the do-lolly (sp.)? It was a tool to help tie in your
thread if it got to short. It was very pretty and I believe the person that
created the tool passed away. I broke mine and would like to find a similar
tool.
Sharon in MN

A great tool, and indeed no longer available. However, Nordic Needle
has a similar thing I think called a thread hider. I have one, since
the wire on my Dololly broke after 20-odd years, and it works fine.

Sara
Old November 24th 13, 02:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

Sara, the wire broke on mine also and I had mine for over 20 years. They
were a good tool and I will have to go to Nordic Needle and get the fiber
hider. I still have a Christmas gift card from there so that will work.
Sharon in MN

Old November 25th 13, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 11/24/2013 7:44 AM, sharoncapps wrote:
Sara, the wire broke on mine also and I had mine for over 20 years.
They were a good tool and I will have to go to Nordic Needle and get the
fiber hider. I still have a Christmas gift card from there so that will
work.
Sharon in MN

It's been a long time since I've seen you here, Sharon! What have you
been up to and what are you working on these days?

I recently finished a birth record and now I'm stitching on the last 2
pages of a zoo animal book. I then have to stitch the cover and put it
together. I'm making it for my grandson, whose 1st b-d is in 3 weeks,
so I hope I can finish it in time! I made a similar one with farm
animals for DGD, which you can see on rctnp, if you're interested (or
maybe you already have!).

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old November 26th 13, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

I have been her. I finally finished my Marbek Nativity except getting it
framed and have done several smaller projects. I did the Horn of Plenty and
Witches Hat from the Just Cross Stitch magazine and have now started working
on Queen Anne's Lace by MLI. I am enjoying it a lot. It sounds like you
have been busy too. I have been hanging around and post once in a while.
Sharon in MN