ot - thoughts on Beer by 7yr olds

Old October 11th 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Default ot - thoughts on Beer by 7yr olds

Received this am and forwarded already. jennellh

A handful of 7 year old children were asked, 'what they
thought of beer.'.

7-year-old Tim- 'I think beer must be good. My dad says the
more beer he drinks the prettier my mom gets.'

7-year-old Melanie - 'Beer makes my dad sleepy and we get
to watch what we want On television when he is asleep, so
beer is nice.

7-year-old Grady - 'My Mom and Dad both like beer. My Mom
gets funny when she drinks it and takes her top off at
parties, but Dad doesn't think this is very funny.'

7-year-old Toby - 'My Mom and Dad talk funny when they drink
beer and The more they drink the more they give kisses to
each other, which is a good thing.'

7-year-old Sarah - 'My Dad gets funny on beer. He is funny.
He also wets his pants sometimes, so he shouldn't have too
much.

7-year-old Lilly - 'My Dad loves beer. The more he drinks,
the better he dances. One time he danced right into the pool.'

7-year-old Ethan - 'I don't like beer very much. Every time
Dad drinks it, he burns the sausages on the barbecue and they
taste disgusting.'

7-year-old Shirley - 'I give Dad's beer to the dog and he
goes to sleep.'

7-year-old Jack - 'My Mom drinks beer and she says silly
things and picks on my father. Whenever she drinks beer
she yells at Dad and tells him to go bury his bone down the
street again, but that doesn't make any sense.'
Old October 11th 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Gee, I bet if the parents of these kids could see what they are
saying, there might beless beer imbibing going on )

Ginger in CA

Old October 11th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_3_]

Having spent some time in classrooms with Kindergarteners and 1st & 2nd
graders..... I would be most parents would NEVER show up at the
Parent-Teacher's conference if they knew what was disclosed at Show - N -
Tell. Oh my ... the things they tell!!! On more than one occasion I either
gasped out loud... or had to really hold in the belly laugh.

Parents of primary school children... you've now been warned! LOL

--
Kate in MI

Old October 11th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
kelly

I was a brownie leader for several years - yes the things we heard without
asking could make some parents stay at home and never be seen in public
again. Sometimes it was all the leaders could do to keep a straight face.

Kelly

Old October 12th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti (formerly) in Seattle

Kelly, I was a Brownie Leader several years ago too, and some of the
things I heard - well, I had to bite my tongue - they're SO precious!
Mercifully, I was never drinking anything when "out of the mouths of
babes" happened........... lol.

Patti (formerly) in Seattle

Old October 12th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Oct 11, 2:22�pm, "kelly" wrote:
I was a brownie leader for several years - yes the things we heard without
asking could make some parents stay at home and never be seen in public
again. �Sometimes it was all the leaders could do to keep a straight face.

Kelly

Heh. I was a Brownie leader too. One thing I learned is that little
girls sometimes
just want your attention, and they want to *tell* you something. I
sometimes wondered
if they were making this stuff up on the spot. (sometimes I'd hope
so!)
They were great, though. I miss those days.

Sherry
Old October 12th 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Younger than 7. We were so happy to have a visit by a 4 year-old this week.
Of course, Yogi ran to her and flipped belly-up for her to give him a rub.
(Our attack dog, mind you.) We are very fortunate to have 8,500 gators to
guard the property; if you can rub his tummy or bring a doggy biscuit,
you're okay with Yogi.)
Anyhow. There he was in all his glory.
The 4 year-old clearly identified his exposed parts and explained their
functions for us.
She also observed our pretty bird bath fountain and announced that she
liked a shower but Mama always wanted her to wash. God bless mamas. Polly

Old October 12th 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
kelly

Some of the things could not have been made up. We were in an inner city
school and I got a little bit of an education. We did however after that
change show and tell to tell us the best thing that happened to you that
week. That did cut down on some of the educational things we heard.

I still miss that age though. They are so honest. Unfortunately with my
auto-immune system and the meds I am on I don't dare do volunteer work with
young kids anymore. As it is I looked after my 6 year old nephew a couple
of weeks ago and ended up with the flu big time. A cold this time from my
husband has me flat most of the week. Just can't be around bugs too much.

In small doses I take my chances.

Kelly in BC