Restaurant Bridezilla

Old March 17th 05, 09:18 PM

Default Restaurant Bridezilla

RUN!!!! They're spreading, invading every aspect of one's life!
My neighbors took me out for their anniversary dinner a week or so ago,
(lovely twist which I truly appreciated). We were trying to have a
quiet conversation, when a gaggle of young ladies arrived.
They no sooner sat down, than they pulled out dollar-store wedding
gear, plopped it on their heads, and one of them stood up and loudly
announced: "It's my wedding, and I'm the bride!" Deathly quiet ensued.
After a moment, a quiet buzz of conversation resumed. Five minutes
later, the announcement ritual drowned out conversation again.
The rest of our meal was tolled with these five-minute announcements.
I was ready to pretend it was Halloween, and announce a 'Dead Bride'
party. I figured the rest of the diners would be glad to help with the
preparations. My neighbor forstalled me, loudly announcing, with a fake
simper: "It's my anniversary, and I'm here with my boyfriend!!"
Is this an isolated spotting of obnoxious BZilla, or has she
developed new habitat?
Cea

Old March 18th 05, 04:58 PM
Cynthia Spilsted

Sorry, Cea, but this new breed is popping up all over!
Funny thing is, most of these young 'ladies??' have already co-inhabited
with their prospective grooms for several years!
My brother's son is finally getting married this summer and the bride-to-be
is expecting a huge wedding because she wants to be 'princess for a day' -
and yet she is also expecting her parents and my brother and his wife to
foot the massive bill! They've lived together for six years for heaven's
sake - and not even in their home town! I told my own kids to not even
think about such a mockery....their dad and I paid for our own (small)
wedding and have no regrets at all. (It was either go small or go huge - we
opted for small and moved the wedding to my grandmother's town and church.)
Personally, I would have handled the rude outbursts by standing and
announcing in a loud clear voice "My condolences to the groom!".
On another note: wouldn't it be funny if Bridezilla showed up at your door
asking you to sew her wedding dress?!
Cynthia
oups.com...

Old March 18th 05, 05:54 PM
BEI Design

Cynthia Spilsted wrote:
On another note: wouldn't it be funny if Bridezilla showed up
at your door asking you to sew her wedding dress?!

Oh, yeah, funny....

NOT! :-

--
Beverly
delete nospam and .invalid to reply

Old March 18th 05, 07:15 PM

Cynthia Spilsted wrote:
Sorry, Cea, but this new breed is popping up all over!
Funny thing is, most of these young 'ladies??' have already co-inhabited
with their prospective grooms for several years!
My brother's son is finally getting married this summer and the bride-to-be
is expecting a huge wedding because she wants to be 'princess for a day' -

And let's not even mention those who go to Las Vegas to get married but
then want to throw a big party to get all the gifts...
Old March 19th 05, 03:43 AM

Hey check out my website
Ravensgoods.home.comcast.net/wholesale2005.html

Old March 19th 05, 05:06 AM
CySew

That is exactly what one DD's step son & his fiancé did. When I was asked
about the gift I was sending, I asked, "What gift? I wasn't invited to the
ceremony itself, so no gift is necessary, IMHO." They are still cool to me
after 5 years, whenever I see them at DD's home.
Emily

Old March 19th 05, 08:08 AM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article . com, of
http://groups.google.com uttered
Hey check out my website
Ravensgoods.home.comcast.net/wholesale2005.html

Why? This ng is an inappropriate forum for advertising spam
--

AJH
alpha dot hotel echo yankee whisky oscar oscar delta at tango echo
Old March 20th 05, 10:05 PM

BEI Design Mar 18, 9:54 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
From: "BEI Design" &=ADgt; - Find
messages by this author
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:54:37 -0800
Subject: Restaurant Bridezilla
original | Report Abuse

Cynthia Spilsted wrote:
On another note: wouldn't it be funny if Bridezilla showed up
at your door asking you to sew her wedding dress?!

Oh, yeah, funny....

NOT! :-
Beverly
delete nospam and .invalid to reply
---
I agree. Brides usually travel with such a large entourage that I
cannot fit them all inside my small house. If they are amenable to
one-on-one fitting, I'd do it, but conflicting input from 6 to 8
different attendants would get on my last nerve, which is...umm, gone
now.
Cea

Old March 27th 05, 07:08 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

I'm unsubscribing from this NG - everyone is just to mean & nasty. Real
life is just nasty enough without having the same in cyber world.
SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...

Old March 27th 05, 08:09 PM
Larry Green

I'm unsubscribing from this NG - everyone is just to mean & nasty. Real
life is just nasty enough without having the same in cyber world.

LOL....thanks for my laugh of the day! I guess you haven't seen many
newsgroups yet. Try looking at any of the 'alt.' hierarchy and you will
soon see what 'mean & nasty' is...lol.

This has to be one of the friendliest newsgroups out there.

--
Larry Green