Skinner Sisters Sale

Old December 29th 03, 07:27 PM
Linn Skinner

Default Skinner Sisters Sale

Most of the items we currently have on sale will revert to regular price on
Wednesday and we'll be adding new items to our catalog at that time and
putting them on sale. The new items will continue on sale until January 4
(midnight) but we're offering free postage in the US until January 4 and
reduced shipping and handling for international orders.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and is ready for a great
year of stitching in 2004.

Linn Skinner
Skinner Sisters
www.skinnersisters.com
www.embroideress.blogspot.com

Old December 29th 03, 08:38 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Love your "Doors of Kew" designs. :-) Blackwork techniques are
something I have done very little. Requires a lot of thought, is
creative. I've seen some very interesting examples through the years.
These are lovely designs.

Dianne

Old December 29th 03, 10:44 PM
Cheryl Isaak

I've been eying those for ages!
Have I been a good enough girl to buy them?
Cheryl
LOL

Old December 30th 03, 02:05 AM
Linn Skinner

Cheryl:

The sale on them ends on Wednesday. We have two more done but they won't be
out until February at the Nashville Trade show and won't be on our site
until March sometime. You can get a sneak peek at the latest two on my blog
at www.embroideress.blogspot.com They are two panels from the same house
Sandy Combe on of course - Sandy Combe Road.

I've enjoyed these. Libby at CatsPaw Designs does the stained glass parts
and I do the blackwork. This was sort of scary for me. Before, I could
pinch bits of blackwork from various historic sources. I sat down and
designed each of these myself - blank page to start with. And of course I'm
sure some of the fillings echo historic designs because you have very little
to work with when designing geometric filling patterns. Only one stitch in
one of four orientations _ | / or \. They are a tribute to my London home
in Kew Gardens. I think Kew is one of the beauty spots of the world. It is
like a picture postcard. I can tell I'm an old timer now though. I grumble
because there is now a Starbucks on Station Parade where there used to be an
independent bakery and a chi chi gift shop where the greengrocer used to be.
Now I found out in the Twickenham Times that the last Post Office in Kew (on
Sandy Combe Road) has closed, and they've tarted up the Coach & Horses
(favorite local) in the past couple years. The bookshop, the tiny
electrical gadget shop, the hardware store and the butcher have resisted
change however and they are superb. The butcher does a hot pie that is to
die for.... I'll be there in February for a UK trade show and will think of
all of you as I eat a pie.

,

Old December 30th 03, 02:17 AM
Jenn Liace

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:38:34 -0600, Dianne Lewandowski
wrote:

Blackwork techniques are
something I have done very little. Requires a lot of thought, is
creative

hmmmmmmmmm now blackwork looks like something I could maybe get
into..............

Jenn L.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Current projects:
Hardanger Heart
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Old December 30th 03, 01:29 PM
PaulaB

Those are the ones my now-17 yo DD bought at Rockome two years
ago...she's not stitching much right now (painting and beading
instead) but she loved them and so do I! Now to get her going on them
so I can hang them somewhere...Maybe I should ask for one for my
birthday next November! :-))
Paula B.