My work

Old July 11th 03, 03:31 AM
marisa2

Default My work

A couple of people were nice enough to ask about my work...

So...I threw together a PERL script that would automatically generate pages
of pictures.
I was going to say this is NOT my real website, but do you think something
along these lines (with a nicer main page but the same pictures pages) would
be ok to start with??

Also, any comments on my work are extreemly welcome, especially
"constructive critisism"!

http://www.tevayafae.com/necklaces.html

I don't really think I deserve to enter any of htese to the "contest" as I
really didn't break out of my color zone much (the most brightly coloured
pieces are the ones my cousin made).

I guess I will have to put up earrings and bracelets soon too....

thanks!!

marisa2

Old July 11th 03, 05:00 AM
marisa2

Well, I have some of the bracelets and anklets up... if you wouldn't mind
going through my main page, I'd love comments (would like to do something
totally different but although I can write HTML or script to generate
anything, I can't figure out a nice layout to save my life!!)

http://www.tevayafae.com

Thanks!!

marisa2

.com...

Old July 11th 03, 02:22 PM
marisa2

Any suggestions of colors etc?

Marisa2

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
Your work is lovely, Marisa. The website, however, would be much

better
without all the bright colors and bright text. It's murder on the eyes.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
.com...

Old July 11th 03, 03:55 PM
scaperchick

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 02:31:08 GMT, "marisa2" wrote:

Also, any comments on my work are extreemly welcome, especially
"constructive critisism"!

http://www.tevayafae.com/necklaces.html

Yummy stuff marisa! I don't have enough knowledge/experience to give
constructive criticism of your work, but I thought I'd let you know
that the thumbnail photos load quite slowly on a 56K connection
(though the linked fullsize jpg's load quickly enough).

I really liked the memory-wire piece with the three pale purple beads
and those luscious Bali barrel beads! Placing it against that plant
made it a really eye-pleasing photo, as well.
Old July 11th 03, 03:59 PM
scaperchick

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:22:48 GMT, "marisa2" wrote:

Any suggestions of colors etc?

A light, neutral-toned background with black or matching-but-dark text
is lovely. You may also want to change your link colors in your code
to a pale shade instead of the default bright blue and bright red.
You can check out the excellent Color Code Chart on webmonkey.com to
find a suitable shade, and stick that into the code (for example,
link="#FFFFFF" would produce a white border instead of the blue). If
you have no idea what I'm talking about *g* , I can elaborate further
- I don't want to blather on if you already know HTML.
Old July 11th 03, 04:16 PM
Beadbimbo

Nice work Marissa! Thanks for sharing it! I always love looking.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

.com...

Old July 11th 03, 04:43 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Nice work, Marisa!

However, so that it's picked up by search engines, you should changed the
spelling to Judaica (which is the correct spelling of that term, BTW)
unless, of course, the Jewdaica term is something you use in a
trademark-type capacity..

I agree with Kandice - the red against the aqua is a bit hard on the eyes.
You might want to soften the text color a bit. :-)
--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

.com...

Old July 11th 03, 09:14 PM
marisa2

Thanks!

We have several other colours in that one but I seem to have lost the
pictures. My favorite is a bronze and gold one. The difference in the
colors is subtle enough to make it just look like it is shimmering.

Of course, that design is so time consuming that after making one or two of
them I won't make them any more... my cousin makes them up for me in
exchange for making whatever else she wants out of my materials Same
with the leaf charm bracelets.

Marisa2

"Laurie" wrote in message
My favorite is the blue fringey one in the other necklaces section. But,

they
are all quite lovely.

The Use of Foul Language in Written Communication: The Tiny Rumblings of

the
Ineffectual and Stunted Thinker. The Inability to Think Beyond The

Obivious and
The Crude. ~~~Henry A. Byrne

Old July 11th 03, 09:14 PM
marisa2

That is very odd, since the thumbnails are pretty low resolution and of
course pretty small. I think if I made them any smaller you wouldn't be
able to see what was in the pictures.

Is it because there are too many on a page?

thanks!

Marisa2

Old July 11th 03, 11:14 PM
Kandice Seeber

I would use a light muted background - something like pale grey green or
blue, and dark text. Then you can add other colors for the lines, etc, that
are slightly darker.
Here's a color picker:
http://mediagods.com/tools/rgb2hex.html

Click on the color and it will bring up at the bottom of the screen a "hex
value". That value can be typed into HTML in the background tag and also as
part of text tags. For example, I picked a color for your background and
your text that's at the top of your page, and wrote the code. You can use
the code if you like...

BODY BGCOLOR="#D1DDE4"
CENTER
pFONT COLOR="#004380" size="6"strongemTeva Yafae Original
Design/em/strong/FONTBR
emfont size="4" COLOR="#004202"stronginspired by
nature/strong/font/em/p
/CENTER

You can replace the numbers in the font tag with anything you like, as long
as it corresponds with a hex value, which you can get by going to that page
and clicking on the color. You can always plug in the "color=" part of the
tag in pretty much any tag that allows for color. Text, background, tables,
etc. See this tutorial for more information:

http://www.pagetutor.com/pagetutor/makapage/

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"marisa2" wrote in message
.com...
Any suggestions of colors etc?

Marisa2

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
Your work is lovely, Marisa. The website, however, would be much

better
without all the bright colors and bright text. It's murder on the eyes.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
http://www.lampwork.net