Kandice's Droooooolworthy Bead List for Thursday

Old July 11th 03, 06:14 AM
Kandice Seeber

The people you talked too were reasonable people that wanted to help as
much as you did. Hopefully most people are like that. But you have to be
careful, because on occasion, you run into people who aren't helpful. This
seller of Becki's might have a friend or two bidding on his auctions, and
they might report her if she contacts them by mistake. I am really glad you
weren't reported, and that your deadbead seller was kicked off.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"bluemaxx" wrote in message
et...
Wow... I didn't know that! :| Good thing *I* wasn't reported, eh?
lol

Thanks, Kandice.
--
Linda

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
: Be very careful contacting other buyers at eBay and talking to
them about
: sellers. If you get reported, eBay can boot you for auction
interference -
: even if your complaint is legit. It's best to talk about it in
the open
: like this and hope that people report the seller and get him
kicked off.
: I'm not saying that it's right, only that it is so.
:
: --
: Kandice Seeber
: Air & Earth Designs
: http://www.lampwork.net
: "bluemaxx" wrote in message
: et...
: That happened to me once so far on eBay... and all of the last
10
: buyers who were also ripped off by this college student that
took
: our money and left town without shipping anything.
:
: I looked up all the recent sales the seller had, contacted each
and
: every one of the 'winners' (buyers), told them my story and then
: gave them explicit instructions on how to report the seller.
Not
: too many people know how to do that, including myself... I'd
been
: lucky all these years on eBay. Anyway, my labors resulted in 8
of
: us filing very negative feedback, which along with reporting the
: seller, helped to get that seller suspended by eBay almost
: immediately.
:
: Becki, could you possibly do something like this with your
seller?
: Try contacting all the people that have left negative feedback
for
: your seller, and tell them in your email how to report the
seller.
: Offer offer to help walk them thru it if they don't understand
how
: to report a seller. I'm sorry this happened to you for so much
: money.
:
: --
: Linda
:
: "Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
: news:S5rPa.32419$H17.9896@sccrnsc02...
: : He's still there?? Did you leave a negative? Did you report
him?
: : Hopefully others will do the same and get him kicked off.
: Deadbeat sellers
: : do not belong on eBay. (((((hugs)))))
: :
: : --
: : Kandice Seeber
: : Air & Earth Designs
: : http://www.lampwork.net
: : "BeckiBead" wrote in message
: : ...
: : eBau rarely gets involved with that type of thing, except
: : to kick off the offending seller.
: :
: : Be nice if they did that. He has been buying and selling
: continuously.
: : Can't
: : answer his emails, but continues to buy and sell.
: :
: :
: : Becki
: : "In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view
of
: the
: : crumbling
: : difference between wrong and right.." -- Counting Crows
: :
: :
: :
:
:
:

Old July 11th 03, 07:26 AM
bluemaxx

Me, too. It all started simple enough... I contacted them
originally only to ask if they had received their items yet and if
they had any luck with their emails and/or phone calls to the
seller. Most hadn't and then asked me what we should do and it
kinda snowballed from there. If I had been kicked off eBay... MY
GOD! Totally unspeakable!
--
newsIrPa.31983$N7.3680@sccrnsc03...

: : "bluemaxx" wrote in message
[...]
: : :
: : : --
: : : Kandice Seeber
: : : Air & Earth Designs
: : : http://www.lampwork.net
: : : ...

Old July 11th 03, 08:54 AM
BeckiBead

I did, and I did and I am sorry for venting and wasting all of your time.
There is nothing any of you can do.

Old July 11th 03, 09:04 AM
Kandice Seeber

((((hugs)))) You didn't waste my time, Becki - I chose to spend time with
you. Vent anytime!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 11th 03, 01:27 PM
Newbeader

Kandice:
That is true only if the auctions are ongoing. It sounded as if Linda had
contacted buyers on closed/completed auctions.

*That* is acceptable, in fact, it is encouraged because many people refuse
to leave negatives or file FVF's. Ebay is not a watchdog (whole 'nother
discussion) but will act when notified and the information is accurate. It
is supposed to suspend when an account reaches -4, feedback, but often you
must contact them, etc.

So Linda, as long as the auctions have *closed* you can get in touch with
the buyer.

If the auction has not closed, "back away from the keyboard!!" :^)

Lisa

"bluemaxx" wrote in message
[...]

: ...

Old July 11th 03, 05:23 PM
Carol in SLC

Bec,

Did you get his contact info? I would call the *******!

Carol in SLC
See my new stuff: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/mavisheart.jpg
Old July 11th 03, 06:00 PM
mkahogan

I think Kandice's mantra of hard work paying off is a very true , very sound
one. Success seldom just falls in our lap. We have to be willing to work
hard and take risks. She has inspired me in the past to put more effort
into my business, which is slowly paying off. It takes a lot of time. The
economy is not great right now, but there still are opportunies out there.
I'm going to keep plugging away at it and learning as I go.

KathyH
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
et...
It's too hot to make beads right now, so I am here, in my cool office,
looking around on ebay. Since there have been a few posts on RCB and

other
places about difficulties on eBay lately, I was going to write a bit about
what makes a good auction in my opinion, but I have done that before. And
rather than posting any more thoughts on why some people get bids and

others
do not, I am going to post auctions that I think are wonderful - not only
the beads in the auction are wonderful, but the auctions themselves. And
when I say "plain auction layout" that's a GOOD thing. Yeehah!

Corina - always on top, because her beads are wonderful, and her pictures
are nice and clear. I wouldn't recommend her layout to anyone who is not
already successful on eBay. She doesn't have one, and obviously doesn't

need
one.

Jill Symons - stunningly flawless beads, clear pictures, nice, unobtrusive
auction layout.

Mary Ann Williams - Flawless, unique boro beads, plain auction layout and
gorgeous pics!

Sabrina Pierson - was Glasscreek, and changed their auction layout for the
better. Stunning beads!

Our very own Kevin Duggan (sp?) - always gorgeous and flawless beads,
perfect pictures, plain auction layout.

Gina M. DeStevens - gorgeous beads, wonderful pics, plain auction layout.

CuteChaBeads - another person who does not need a layout. Lickable beads,
and top notch pictures!

Laura Esper - Amazing and unique beads, spectacular pics and nice layout.

Lori Robbins - perfect, unique beads, lovely pics and nice layout. The

only
thing I would change is the animated banner at the top. It's doesn't seem
to slow her down, though.

Canterbury Keepsakes - always yummy beads, beautiful pics and wonderful
auction layout.

Jodi Lindsey, Beadworx - Adorable beads, and layout and pics are great.

Annie, Seamist - Gorgeous, unique beads, simple layout and lovely pics.

KYBEADMAKER - very simple layout, stunning photography and lovely beads.

Deb Crowley - flawlessly gorgeous beads, wonderful pics and simple layout.

Melanie, Glass Valley - very pretty beads, wonderful layout, nice pictures

Dilyns Lampwork - Unique and pretty beads, plain layout and nice, clear
pics.

BodhiGlass - delightfully unusual beads, wonderful pics, layout is
complicated but still appealing. I would lose the animated gif.

Dan-O, Jenn and Koregon - Stunning pictures, wonderful beads, easy layout.

Cathi Milligan, Pixie Ind. - Amazingly pretty beads, stunning pics and

nice
layout.

Jennifer Geldard - Absolutely stunning unique beads, perfect pictures and
simple layout.

Of course, there are more and more lampworkers out there that have

stunning
beads, and auctions, but I am done looking and listing for now. If I

didn't
list someone, it's not because I don't like them, it's because there's not
enough room to list everyone I like.

See a pattern? All these people listed have nice bids on their auctions,
and sell on eBay pretty regularly. They are pretty successful, in my

view,
compared to most. Why? Wonderful, unique, technically good beads, plain,
unobtrusive, uncomplicated auction layouts with complete descriptions, and
crystal clear, detailed pictures.

eBay is slow right now, and that's the truth. eBay is competitive and
volitile, and that's the truth. But success is not impossible, if you are
willing to put in the effort. This opinion of mine is directed toward

those
who have been posting lately about the difficulties of selling on eBay.
It's an opinion, MY opinion, and your experiences may differ. I say this
with the utmost respect for my fellow artists and eBay sellers: success

will
only come if you're willing to put forth that extra effort. Everyone

above
has.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 11th 03, 11:02 PM
Kandice Seeber

Thanks Kathy. It does take time - and hard work - but I just keep
thinking to myself that it will pay off in the fall when people who found
out about me in the spring are starting to shop for the holiday season!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 12th 03, 04:37 AM
BeckiBead

Hey Cheryl -- I may need a lawyer. Someone suggested I file a police report in
his city. I don't know if they will let me do that, but I like it a lot.

Old July 12th 03, 06:03 PM
Deirdre S.

This is the kind of reasoning that keeps people going. And probably
quite accurate, too.

Deirdre

Xmas ornament pattern Laurie Beads 1 July 6th 03 04:21 PM
AD-July 26-27, 2003 Atlanta, GA Dixie Classic Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 July 2nd 03 09:06 PM
AD-July 19-20, 2003 Tallahassee, FL Gulf States Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 July 2nd 03 09:01 PM
AD-July 12-13, 2003 Orlando, FL Florida Summer Classic Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 July 2nd 03 08:54 PM