Using those PMC items

Old July 8th 03, 07:15 AM
Christina Peterson

Default Using those PMC items

I just finished the first piece, using one of my PMC beads. The
squiggly/syringed bead, with a simulated peridot in it. The stone darkened
and browned up, which really made it hard to find beads that would work well
in. I used Swarovski Lt Montana Topaz satin with it. I really like it with
silver. Much warmer than the usual clear crystal used with (oxydized)
silver. To that I added Bali from Karen and Marilee (She's great to work
with). And some silver rounds. I have matching earring, but will need more
6mm crystals to make the bracelets.

I prefer using little barrel clasps, but most others don't prefer them. And
I put lobsters on a necklace I made with beads from MothWoman, but found
them to be so stiff it stresses the necklace. I have become a toggle fan.
If only I could find them in gold-filled.

One of the necklaces, shown by GemFox from the Corina Challenge
http://www.gemfox.com/corinabeads/maychallenge.html, has what looks like a
PMC leaf. I'd like to put a loop behind one of my leaves and try something
similar.

Tina

Old July 8th 03, 07:48 AM
Christina Peterson

Also when I visited Nicole last October, she had some silver leaves she put
under clear glass in some beads. They were great.

Tina

Old July 8th 03, 05:20 PM
Dr. Sooz

Corina's latest Challenge:
http://www.gemfox.com/corinabeads/julychallenge.html
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Old July 12th 03, 02:44 AM
Mary Shafer

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 06:15:48 GMT, "Christina Peterson"
wrote:

I prefer using little barrel clasps, but most others don't prefer them. And
I put lobsters on a necklace I made with beads from MothWoman, but found
them to be so stiff it stresses the necklace. I have become a toggle fan.
If only I could find them in gold-filled.

Rio Grande has them in GF. So, I think, does FMG.

Mary

"Turn to kill, not to engage." LCDR Willie Driscoll, USN

Old July 12th 03, 04:19 AM
Mary Shafer

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 02:10:58 GMT, "Christina Peterson"
wrote:

Nope. Neither one of them.. Rio has 22k, 18k ,14k, ss, and vermeil
(goldplated).

I just got some GF toggles from Rio a few months ago. Well, then, try
Rings 'n' Things.

Old July 12th 03, 05:33 AM
Christina Peterson

Actually, it was toggles I was looking for. And unfortunately, I'm told Rio
isn't carrying those tiny screw together barrel clasps anymore. They're
still in the 2002 - 2003 catalogue, but they are being discontinued and they
don't have any more. Bummer. I really like them.

Tina

"Lee S. Billings" wrote in message
In article 1057975858.33322@prawn, says...

Nope. Neither one of them.. Rio has 22k, 18k ,14k, ss, and vermeil
(goldplated).

Rio has sterling barrel clasps? Wow, I'll have to take a closer look at my
catalog -- I've never found any except in plated or base-metal.

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/starcat

Old July 12th 03, 07:26 PM
Tante Lina

Christina Peterson wrote in message 1057984409.133172@prawn...
Actually, it was toggles I was looking for. And unfortunately, I'm told

Rio
isn't carrying those tiny screw together barrel clasps anymore. They're
still in the 2002 - 2003 catalogue, but they are being discontinued and

they
don't have any more. Bummer. I really like them.

Hi Tina,

Might seem like a strange question, but do you have short hair?

* TL *

Old July 12th 03, 08:54 PM
Christina Peterson

Short is such such a subjective word, but since you ask in relation to
clasps, it's well past the nape of my neck, extremely fine, and on an over
50 head.

What are you thinking about?

Tina

thlink.net...

Old July 12th 03, 09:44 PM
Christina Peterson

Thought that might be it. The little barrels I use are smooth so my hair
doesn't tangle in it.

I like them because they don't come undone even when I forget to take
something off, or deliberately leave it on.

I'm coming to appreciate toogles to for that quality. How can toggles be
made to be adjustable?

Tina
"Tante Lina" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Christina Peterson wrote in message 1058039649.341725@prawn...
Short is such such a subjective word, but since you ask in relation to
clasps, it's well past the nape of my neck, extremely fine, and on an

over
50 head.

What are you thinking about?

Oh, just thinking about how those little barrel clasps always get tangled

up
in my hair, so that taking off the necklace means ripping some of my hair
out. I have very fine hair too.

* TL *