Order from Nigeria

Old May 20th 04, 04:12 AM
Candace

hehehehehe I've been reading thru the 419eaters page for two days...lol it was
on my mind.

LOL! Tea just about shot out of my eyelids!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Candace wrote:
yeah, as in Horton Hears a Hoax.

HORTON??????

vj wrote:

Greetings,
i browsed through your store and i will like to
purchase this items listed below,

(1) Necklace #N_024 - Under the Sea ....10pieces

and kindly give me the unit price of the item including
shipping to our branch because is highly needed in one
of our branch in Africa(NIGERIA).

Your positive respond will convince us to transact
business with your store

REGARDS.
Horton

**snort** I DON'T THINK SO!
they did get the item right.
10???? not in this lifetime!
Nigeria? please - get real!

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
newest creations: http://www.vickijean.com/new.html
-----------
and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

Old May 20th 04, 05:46 PM
Barbara Otterson

On Wed, 19 May 2004 11:27:37 -0700, vj wrote:

Greetings,
i browsed through your store and i will like to
purchase this items listed below,

(1) Necklace #N_024 - Under the Sea ....10pieces
and kindly give me the unit price of the item including
shipping to our branch because is highly needed in one
of our branch in Africa(NIGERIA).

Gee, that must be the same guy who placed the 36k
order with me last month. He even wanted 10 pieces
of my (one-of-a-kind) Emerald Garden teacup--at
1200.00 each! Plus multiples of several other un-
reproducible items. And he was willing to pay with
his credit card! Lucky me! I ran out and ordered all
new furniture that afternoon! And made an appt. for
a facelift and tummy-tuck too! Just in case he was the
man of my dreams and wanted to meet me in New
Orleans at an E-Bay conference....
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future
plans.
Woody Allen

Old May 22nd 04, 01:48 AM
Kandice Seeber

Never, ever, ever accept business from Nigeria. Look up Nigeria scams on
google.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I just received a large order from Nigeria! Over $200.00 the shipping to
there is around $200.00. Just a little under their costs for goods. They
want to pay with a credit card. My CC company guarantees funds. But I am
still nervous. I am very excited for the order. Largest order yet!

-Amy Donarumo
http://www.empressbeads.com

Old May 22nd 04, 01:51 AM
Kandice Seeber

Just to let you know, I get proposals from Nigeria probably three or four
times per week. They are all "orders" off of my website, and they all say
pretty much the same thing. They want to "buy" several hundred dollars -
even thousands of dollars - worth of merchandise from the website with a
credit card. They are all scams. Every single one of them.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I am so glad I asked. I guess what they say is true. If you don't feel
good about it then it probably is not a good thing. Women's intuition.
Man, that money was really going to help out around here.

Thank you all very much. I have not gotten a response from them. I asked
for some more personal information and they have not replied back.

Oh well I thought my new advertising strategy was working, but I guess not
to the right customers. I wish people would try to scam larger companies

who
have the extra capital.

Thanks so much I am glad for all the info!!

AMy Donarumo
http://www.empressbeads.com
"Karin Cernik" wrote in message
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

This is a scam, almost certainly. They will ask you to do strange
things with the credit card, and you will end up with an unpaid bill and
no jewelry besides.

My apologies to anyone who is from Nigeria and is a legitimate customer,
but there are just way too many of these going on right now not to be
VERY concerned.

Karin

Old May 22nd 04, 01:53 AM
Kandice Seeber

But also, be very careful if you or anyone plans to try and outscam the
Nigeria scammers. I have read all over the place that they can be dangerous
people to get involved with.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Probably the best site to make you feel better is

http://419eater.com/

It's a group of people who get their kicks out of outscamming the

scammers.
Take a look at their "trophy room," which will make you laugh, if nothing
else.

Be glad that the order didn't go out, because there would be nothing in
heartache in it for you.

Kathy N-V

Old May 23rd 04, 09:51 PM
Kalera Stratton

Do you have any links that discuss this? I'm curious about it but I
haven't seen any info about it.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old May 24th 04, 10:25 AM
Kandice Seeber

Sure - some of these instances are from when people try and get back at the
scammers, and some are instances of when victims who have fallen for the
scam are asked to travel to other countries.

http://www.lpconline.com/Nigerian_recover.html

http://www.justiceonline.org/consum/nigerian.html

http://217.155.161.234/TechDocs/Inte...geria_scam.htm

http://www.techtv.com/cybercrime/int...396766,00.html

http://www.secretservice.gov/alert419.shtml

There are more, and there are countless websites about the Nigerian scams in
general, but these are from my bookmarks.
I keep tabs on this because I was almost a victim of it several years ago
when I was naive and first starting out in business.
I know reading the sites that have people getting back at the scammers is
fun (and funny!), but I would personally be too scared to even try something
like that.

Here's the site that loves to get back at scammers.
http://www.419eater.com/

I like reading it, but I wouldn't do it.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old May 27th 04, 04:07 AM
Kalera Stratton

Cool, thanks!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old May 27th 04, 04:13 AM
Kalera Stratton

From reading these, it appears that the only instances of physical harm
coming to those being targeted have occurred when they've actually gone
to Nigeria... unsurprising since Nigeria is a pretty lawless land these
days. I didn't see any cases where any harm had come to anyone while
still in the US, so I will poke at them freely.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay