Fiddler on the Roof and other costumes

Old March 31st 05, 05:26 PM
Cynthia Spilsted

Default Fiddler on the Roof and other costumes

A great big thank you to everyone who helped out with my Tallit 'problem'
for the Fiddler on the Roof. The costumes turned out beautifully (so sayeth
the girls who had to be the boys!) and the dance was very successful at our
first festival. We go to festival in Terrace the second week of April so I
have a bit of a breather from travel - just enough time to do some more solo
costumes! (If that studio's ballet teacher would make up her mind, life
would be a trifle easier!) Everything is cut out, most are sewn to first
fitting - but I realised last night that I had forgotten all about a dear
girl's modern dance solo. I am desperately trying to remember what her
music was so that I can design and make the costume on the fly - but my
brain is just not co-operating!
Maybe a trip to the fabric store will jog my memory a bit......
How's that for an excuse to add to the stash?!
Cynthia

Old April 1st 05, 01:11 AM

Cynthia, have you posted any pics? --
Buy some fabric (in spirit) for me while you're shopping. I'm on the
wagon, got the fabaquisition shakes just looking at TSWLTH's latest
sale flyer.
Cea

Old April 1st 05, 03:25 AM
Cynthia Spilsted

Not you, too Cea!
I have the pics just beside the scanner (the ones from Quesnel) but not only
have they not been scanned - I've forgotten how to upload to my website
(brain is rusty!!) and will have to go grovelling to my teenage son for
help......horror of horrors!
On the upside, as soon as I started fondling fabric I remembered the costume
design - why I hadn't drawn myself a picture when listening to the music is
beyond me, but at least the design was still floating around in the soup
upstairs!
For the next, you'll have to be very proud of me: I didn't buy anything!
As soon as I remembered the design, I realised that I had the perfect plum
coloured lycra in my stash. (Don't go thinking I'm an angel yet because I
saw some really pretty fabric for my DD's prom dress. Not being a total
idiot, I will be taking her down with me to okay it first - and maybe buy
something for myself, too!)
Next week I will try to get my site updated and will send you the links.
Cynthia
oups.com...