Lesson learned! is still-- OT Flattened!

Old July 12th 03, 12:27 AM
Dr. Sooz

Default Lesson learned! is still-- OT Flattened!

And forget the sordid, hideous details. Just feel better!

Let's see.....the list of what happened:
~ 2 1/2 hours under the dentist's drill -- yecch!
~ Needed a lot of novacaine; it numbed half my throat, which makes you feel
like you're choking, ew! :-P

~ Came out of dentist bleary and wrecked, noticed front tire was low. Drove
around for miles looking for a full-serve gas pump, worried it would explode at
any second.

Guy wouldn't put air in it ("Your front tires are ready to blow."), and he was
right. They were in horrible shape! I hadn't driven my car in a *long* time,
due to my months of being in the Pain Vortex, and certainly had *not* looked at
my tires. I had to get to CostCo and buy new tires -- I would never make it
home this way. :-O

I was so exhausted I needed to go straight home to bed. I knew maintaining the
car was my own responsibility, but all those things have been suffering because
of my being such a mess this winter/spring/early summer. There's no way around
it being my fault......and also no way around the fact that I hadn't gotten
around to signing up for AAA road service. Shriek! So all the way to CostCo,
I'm praying to the Goddess, and chanting Buddhist chants. Really
beyond-exhaustion type of pain-tired, swearing that I would never let anything
like this happen again.

It was nightmarish. I swore I wasn't going to berate myself for creating the
situation I was in, though -- what good would that do? *That* took sheer force
of will.

So of course, avoiding the freeway (blowouts at high speeds being so dangerous
-- I'm so glad I got to my dentist without running off the road! He's an hour
from my house!), I ended up on a main road that was being majorly
reconstructed. Holes and big bumps and even curbs in the middle of the street!
Ohhhh....will my tires make it?!?!?! Eek!

I turn off to find a different route and get lost for 10 minutes. Jeez.
Finally arrive in one piece at CostCo! GRATITUDE! I made sure the Goddess
knew it, too. Whew. And they could take me that day! I didn't even care that
it would be a 3 1/2 hour wait! Yaayyy!!! New front tires! Safe passage!

CostCo is near......nothing, of course. I was lucky, there was a Jamba Juice
across the street. Wonderful, I needed a power boost Caribbean juice blend,
yum. With all the stress, I kept feeling lucky. I made it to the dentist, I
made it to CostCo, and I didn't have to leave the car there overnight......I
felt so blessed. I did a little CostCo shopping (well, I needed that t-shirt,
and some Kevin birthday presents), I admit. Three and a half hours is a long
time.

It ran a little late, and I got on the road at rush hour -- my mouth was back
to normal, at least. I was on the verge of a migraine, so stopped for a cafe
au lait to go. I got home okay -- traffic was bad, not abysmal. But I was on
the verge of total collapse.

It doesn't sound so bad, does it? But it was really hard on my neurological
system, which pummeled me because of the fibro. I'd been on the go from 7:30
am til 7 pm, which is not something I am able to do! My body and soul had the
feeling of being a bowl of half-melted Jello, globby, wobbling, and weak.
Bleagh!

I'm having a temporary setback to about 5 months ago, but with proper gentle
caution, I should be okay in a few days. It was a challenge of epic
proportions for me -- and I managed to stay upbeat, good-tempered, and somewhat
alert (but took too many pain meds for one day! Man, my body was really
*using* them).

That evening, I just lay in bed and thought, "I MADE IT." I will gleefully,
greedily, and gratefully soak up any recouping vibes anyone would care to
send!!!
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Old July 12th 03, 01:01 AM
Kandice Seeber

((((hugs)))) Hell, that sounds like it would have been hard on someone who
doesn't suffer from the things you do. I am so glad the Goddess was looking
after you, and you made it home to your bed. I am sending lots of gentle,
soothing, calming, pain-free vibes your way!!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 12th 03, 01:14 AM
Christina Peterson

I agree it is your problem. But by golly, don't starts thinking it's your
fault!! Instead you should just be congratulating yourself on surviving.
On some days that's enough. Be good to yourself.

Tina

Old July 12th 03, 02:22 AM
BeckiBead

It DOES sound so bad. Sounds horrible from here. Glad you are home, and it is
over.

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right.." -- Counting Crows

Old July 12th 03, 05:51 AM
bluemaxx

gack

You poor dear... here's a lovely cup of Camomile tea for you and a
pillow to put your feet up. Rest up, sweetie!
--
Linda

:
[...]
: ~~
: Sooz
: -------
: ESBC
: Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
: http://airandearth.netfirms.com/soozlinkslist.html

Old July 12th 03, 03:54 PM
laura

Sounds like an enormously rotten day Hope you're resting well and will
regain strength quickly.

Laura

Old July 12th 03, 06:20 PM
Deirdre S.

Plenty on the way. I have been working out 4 times a week and feel
just fine, so I have juice to spare.

But I remember from my undiagnosed arthritis days how horrible it is
to have Life push you -that far- past your real physical limits. May
this pass swiftly, and may you bask in the benefits of sound teeth and
tires which won't go away even after you've recovered from all the
icky parts of the day.

Deirdre

Old July 13th 03, 03:18 AM
mkahogan

You made it is right!!! You are a very strong serson. Take a bubble bath
and lay around for awhile.
KathyH