hang tags

Old July 8th 03, 02:53 AM
Deirdre S.

Default hang tags

Don't know what your budget is, but I bought a Sizzix die cutter just
for the sake of being able to cut hang tags, etc. and use my own
choice of stock. Oval and circular 'blades' are available in several
sizes.

Take a peek at this site: http://www.sizzix.com/

I bought the cutter-tool itself, and several shape-themed dies one at
a time at Michaels', using their frequent newspaper coupons for 40%
off one item.

Don't know if that is an option for you, but that discount made it
considerably less pricey to put together what I wanted.

Deirdre

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 01:36:53 GMT, "CLP" wrote:

Does anybody know of any diecut injet compatable hang tags? I've checked
Avery, Office Max, etc. and all they have is the usual labels & biz cards.
Maybe 2" x 3" or oval or circular ? I'd like to get away from having to cut
each one.

Thanks for any input.

Old July 8th 03, 03:06 AM
CLP

I appreciate that, but I'd like something that I can use with 8 1/2 x 11 or
A4 paper size so I can print out the color logo & graphic on the computer.
This looks like I would still have to make them one at a time - might have
to, I guess.
Gracias!

Old July 8th 03, 03:19 AM
Arondelle

CLP wrote:

I appreciate that, but I'd like something that I can use with 8 1/2
x 11 or A4 paper size so I can print out the color logo & graphic
on the computer. This looks like I would still have to make them
one at a time - might have to, I guess. Gracias!

I think what Deirdre means is to make a template of your tags in the
shape of the die cutter, make your graphics inside the template, print
out the whole sheet (with 4-6 tags on it) and use the die cutters to cut
them out after they're printed.

I used to make buttons (with sayings and pictures on them), so I had a
template of blanks in CorelDRAW which I filled in and printed. I could
get 6 2.5" buttons at a whack, and then cut them out with a circle cutter.

Arondelle
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is
better than not to think at all."
(attributed to Hypatia of Alexandria)

"People who believe they have all the answers have stopped
asking questions."
Marx Stead of Canton, OH

Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at:
http://www.arondelle.com

Read my Blog:
http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html

Old July 8th 03, 05:00 AM
Karen_AZ

I use the Avery business card size and fold them in half. You can do a nice
landscape layout in Word with a little tweaking. I put my kids to work
putting little holes in the corners and slipping threads through them.

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Old July 8th 03, 06:00 AM
KatieLiz11

I use the Avery business card size and fold them in half. You can do a nice
landscape layout in Word with a little tweaking. I put my kids to work putting
little holes in the corners and slipping threads through them

OH!! OH!!! I was just at the Avery website ( http://www.avery.com ) and they
have templates for thier labels, etc. that you can customize. Click on the
green Avery pring tab at the top of the page, then scroll down a bit and choose
your size (US Letter or A4). Then pick out the the product number and start
designing.

Even if you don't have Avery products, most generic products will give you the
Avery stock number.

~~ KatieLiz ~~
http://www.beadweaverdreams.com

Old July 8th 03, 07:08 PM
Deirdre S.

LOL. I made buttons too, by this exact process. Using an early version
of CorelDraw. Still have the equipment and the button-parts and Genny
just bought the most current version of Corel -- so if anyone wants a
slogan or their logo button-ized, let me know. I could do it without
much ado.

And yes, what you describe as the process of home-made die cut tags is
what I have in mind for making my own. More labor-intensive than
getting a print-shop run done, but the quantities I am going to need
aren't all that massive. So for me it seems more cost-effective than
going to a print shop, where the major expense is set-up. Short runs
are expensive, and I am not so fixed in my idea of what I want for the
long haul to invest in thousands at once.

It takes me long enough to make each piece so a few extra minutes to
make a custom tag for it isn't a hardship. Particularly if I set up
templates in advance so accurate positioning isn't a problem.

Deirdre

Old July 9th 03, 03:08 AM
CLP

I could go so far as to make a stamp of my logo out of a potatoe, make the
paper and cut or tear them all by hand. I'm just accustomed (on the job) to
having the storeroom full of any kind of graphics supplies I could want or
need. Boy is this a shocking intro to the real world! Wouldn't trade it back
for anything. OK, I'll make them one at a time. Thanks for all the input.

Live and be well,
Christy

Old July 12th 03, 03:55 AM
CLP

Just by way of follow-up, I thought I'd let you know what happened in my
quest for inkjet compatible diecut hangtags (they don't exist in my
neighborhood). You know that little voice you hear sometimes? No, no, not
THOSE voices, that silent knowing kind of thing - you know what I mean... I
set out to find something to use for hang tags. The little voice said,
"Office Depot", so I went there instead of any place else. Lo and behold, on
the clearance table were 3 boxes of very cool 65# textured card stock that
looks like homemade paper with leaves & flowers imbedded for $2.50 each!!

So I did a similar layout to a business card layout and although I have to
cut & punch them manually, it's going to be just lovely!

Live and be well,
Christy

Old July 12th 03, 07:17 PM
Dr. Sooz

Very cool, Christy. I've found such neato things at the Office Depot sale
table.....love it.

set out to find something to use for hang tags. The little voice said,
"Office Depot", so I went there instead of any place else. Lo and behold, on
the clearance table were 3 boxes of very cool 65# textured card stock that
looks like homemade paper with leaves & flowers imbedded for $2.50 each!!

So I did a similar layout to a business card layout and although I have to
cut & punch them manually, it's going to be just lovely!

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Old July 13th 03, 02:24 AM
BeckiBead

I've found such neato things at the Office Depot sale
table.....love it.

It just made me want to go shopping. LMAO LMAO LMAO
Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right.." -- Counting Crows