Question about backgrounds/signatures in posts

Old September 18th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper

Default Question about backgrounds/signatures in posts

When I send a post to the newsgroup it shows up red on our computer when I
re-open it. Does it show red to everyone else too? We have our incoming
family e-mails set to red and I'm hoping that's the reason and that no one
else can see it. Please let me know.

SAD

Old September 19th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
chatty cathy

i dont know that answer im using a webtv plus not a computer..
it amazes me that your on a computer and you can post on our
websites that webtv uses..hope you find an answer.
cathy

Old September 19th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Alison

Cathy, webtv doesn't have it's own web, it's just a way of connecting you to
the same web we're seeing, without you having to have a computer.

Alison

Old September 19th 06, 08:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Gina Bull

The message source does not contain any HTML formatting commands, so your
red setting is something local to your machine.

Gina Bull

UVa Usenet Administrator
Information Technology and Communications
University of Virginia

Old September 19th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper

Thanks for letting me know that. I was worried it was red for everyone.

Chatty Cathy, I have an Aunt who uses webtv too. She loves it and didn't
have to deal with choosing a computer.

SAD