Bead Shows

Old June 5th 11, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Linda2

Default Bead Shows

Unfortunately, all my beady friends are spread across this country and a few
others.

I have assimilated one of my neighbors and a gal I met through work into the
wonderful world of beading. But both of them shy away from the bead shows
because they know they would spend too much money they don't have.
Oh, and I am also a grandmother twice over!

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Oh I'd be putting a lot more than 50 miles if I were to try and do Bead
Bop. The way to do it is with friends and make day of it and split the
driving!

On 6/4/11 9:48 AM, Linda2 wrote:
Unfortunately, our local bead shows are miles apart. My favorite one,
Amy's
Beads, has "bead night" once a month, where you can bring your works in
progress and cheerfully bead with other like-minded beaders. If I were to
go
to the local bead shops all in one day, I could easily put over 50 miles
on
my car.

"Cheryl wrote in message
I'm in New Hampshire, US. I think it is 6-7 shops, mostly smaller ones.
I've been to a few of them, but would love an excuse to bead shop all
day.

On 6/3/11 5:55 PM, Linda2 wrote:
That Bead Bop sounds like fun! What area are you in?

"Cheryl wrote in message
On 6/2/11 7:33 PM, Linda2 wrote:
Do any of you still lingering here attend bead shows in your area? If
so,
which ones are your favorites and why? Do you have a favorite bead
show
vendor?

Linda2

I wish there was a bead show around here. Every fall there is the
"Bead
Bop". You buy a ticket and tote (one time only) and visit all the
shops
participating. It sounds like so much fun and I'd love to do it once.
Maybe this year I'll just do it and let my husband have the hockey
driving
instead.

Cheryl

Old June 6th 11, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Tina[_4_]

The nearest bead show to me is in Anchorage, 350 miles from here.
That's a drive of at least 7 hours each way. I've been to the BABE
bead show in Oakland when I visiting family, but usually I'm in the
area either for the holidays or some other function.

Linda, Amy's "bead night" sounds like a great thing. There was a
group doing something like that a while back. I should see if they're
still doing that. People in Fairbanks tend to do a lot of things for
themselves -- arts, food preservation, cultural dances, powwows, etc.

Another monthly thing a friend of mine does relates to Sarajane's post
about Sally Burger. My martial arts buddy teaches yoga, and once a
month does "yoga church". Everyone gets together to do yoga and
brings the name of a cause they support; and all money collected goes
to the cause that is picked at random.

Tina

Old June 6th 11, 11:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl Isaak

I've just met the mom of my daughter's friends who is crafty and she
LOVES to shop !!!. And "shiny things" - I plan to get her addicted to
beads by asking if she minds dropping in a bead shop while we're out
looking at garden centers. LOL

Cheryl

"Cheryl wrote in message
On 6/2/11 7:33 PM, Linda2 wrote:
Do any of you still lingering here attend bead shows in your area? If
so,
which ones are your favorites and why? Do you have a favorite bead
show
vendor?

Linda2

I wish there was a bead show around here. Every fall there is the
"Bead
Bop". You buy a ticket and tote (one time only) and visit all the
shops
participating. It sounds like so much fun and I'd love to do it once.
Maybe this year I'll just do it and let my husband have the hockey
driving
instead.

Cheryl

Off to Vegas for the bead shows!! Sterling Beads 2 May 29th 08 07:35 PM
Bead Shows Lattes Beads 7 April 16th 04 06:02 PM
Speaking of bead shows, who's going to Bead & Button?? Beadseeker Beads 10 February 25th 04 06:32 AM
Bead Shows Melissa Beads 12 January 14th 04 03:37 PM
Bead Shows in Texas saucy Beads 4 July 31st 03 08:19 PM