Sad news

Old July 20th 14, 08:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

Default Sad news

After a long battle with COPD my dear wife Maureen passed away in her
sleep at 1am on Wednesday 16 July. She had been bed-ridden for over a
week and on Monday the doctor fitted a pump to deliver morphine and an
anti-anxiety drug - much better than the twice-daily dose of oral
morphine. Christina, our friend for 30 years, flew up from London on
Monday, arriving here on Tuesday morning and was able to speak with
Maureen. Christina and I were taking turns in sitting with Maureen; I
took over at midnight on Tuesday and at 1am as I was moistening
Maureen's lips with a damp sponge she just stopped breathing. It was all
very calm and peaceful. Everyone on the island has been very supportive
and the medical care from Rosalind (our doctor) and Shirley (our nurse)
has been absolutely wonderful, especially Madeline, Maureen's carer, who
really did care for Maureen with great compassion, calling in twice a
day to bathe & change Maureen and make her as comfortable as possible.
Maureen only started on cross-stitch and blackwork when she was 40 and
produced some beautiful work, some of which our friend Christine is
taking back with her to form part of an exhibition by Christine's
needlework group in Bexleyheath.
Maureen would have been 80 in October and we would have been married for
40 years next March.
Funeral arranged for 1pm on 21 July.
Apologies for the late notification but things have been rather hectic.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old July 20th 14, 10:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sara

On Sun, 20 Jul 2014 08:07:49 +0100, Bruce
wrote:

[...]

Deepest condolences on the the loss of your wife, Bruce.

Sara
Old July 20th 14, 11:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shirley

On 20/07/2014 08:07, Bruce wrote:
[...]

So sorry to hear of your sad news, my thoughts are with you at this sad
time.
May the Lord hold you in the palm of his hand and help you through the
coming days.
With deepest sympathy.
Shirley

--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old July 20th 14, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

On 7/20/2014 3:07 AM, Bruce wrote:
[...]

Deepest sympathies Bruce.

Nancy
Old July 20th 14, 02:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
sharoncapps

Bruce, so very sorry for your loss. It is good that her passing was
peaceful. Please take care of yourself.
Sharon

Old July 20th 14, 02:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bobbieviorritto

[...]

So very sorry to hear this. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep in
touch. Bobbie V

Old July 21st 14, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 7/20/2014 2:07 AM, Bruce wrote:
After a long battle with COPD my dear wife Maureen passed away in her
sleep at 1am on Wednesday 16 July.

My deepest sympathies, Bruce! I know you loved her dearly and will miss
her. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
((((((((((((Bruce))))))))))))))

Apologies for the late notification but things have been rather hectic.

No apologies necessary!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old July 21st 14, 06:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug[_2_]

I'm so sorry to hear that she's gone, Bruce, but it's nice that she went easily in her sleep. :-(

I've loved reading your posts and would enjoy your staying in contact with the group.

Liz from Humbug
Old July 23rd 14, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 6/11/14 -- needlepoint Christmas Lights ornament

WIP: Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

COPYRIGHT 2014 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEWGIRLS/INSPIREPOINT,
IT HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
WHICH CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Old July 27th 14, 11:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rich[_3_]

wrote:

After a long battle with COPD my dear wife Maureen passed away in her
sleep at 1am on Wednesday 16 July...........

Sorry for your loss Bruce.