Stolen images again - help please

Old March 12th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default Stolen images again - help please

This has happened again, and this time it's someone in Florida who has
stolen multiple images from me and from other artists and placed them on
their website.

http://tinyurl.com/l2jdh

There are others on the next gallery page, and in other categories. Most of
them are my images and beads - and I recognize other artists as well.
Please check to make sure your images aren't there. Also, I would really,
really appreciate some support in emailing these people and letting them
know we're on to them. Last time this happened to me and other artists, a
bunch of us emailed them and were able to get the images taken down. I am
hoping to do the same this time.

Here is their contact page if you want to email them:

http://tinyurl.com/zsl6v

I am just sick over this because this person isn't just overseas. I have
really good evidence that this person actually does live in Florida and is
ordering sets made as copies from Sri Lanka based on the beads pictured on
the website. I have already emailed them.

Thank you for reading this - I am not making a ton of sense right now
because I am so blown away by this, but hopefully you all get the general
idea.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old March 13th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Wow - looks like the images and pages are gone now., You all might want to
check and make sure yours aren't still there. Thank you to all who emailed
me their support!!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old March 13th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

I know you said Florida, but the phone number for the usa is a 202 area
code, which is the DC metro area, I believe. The other phone number is
for Sri Lanka. I'm guessing they are going back 'home' having copies
made and then reselling here.

Regardless - that sucks.

Barbara

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.

Old March 13th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Hey Kandice...right here on the front page of their Bead section....the
bottom center of their collage image...your beads.
http://www.splashbug.com/main/beads.htm

Mean people suck.

~Candace~
Old March 13th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Yep, I saw that. At this point I want to keep those there so that if the
web host and AOL need more evidence, I can point them to those.

Thanks so much, though!!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old March 13th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Kandice,
This is really disgusting behavior!! I cannot believe the nerve of
some people. And, did you see their description of how they are made
with a "blowtorch". Jeez!!! I'm so sorry this keeps happening to you.

Patti

Old March 13th 06, 06:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

WEll
apparently you scared them off...

and the other stuff they have for sale?
ewwwww
ick!
Cheryl

Old March 13th 06, 07:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

I've had experience with similar things and I would say you are better
off contacting their web host rather than giving them your email
address directly. Sometimes they fluff up their spam emailing lists
this way. It's hard to believe that people would do a lot of the things
that go on on the net .

Ingrid

Old March 13th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Kandice -- makes me sick. I can't imagine what you feel like. I, too,
have had better luck with webservers than with individuals (my thing
was an ebay problem, but it was the website providing her email that
eventually took care of the problem for me).

Becki