A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Needlework
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Stitchville USA and new photos!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 23rd 17, 10:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches
external usenet poster

Default Stitchville USA and new photos!

I finally did it...hubby drove me 2.5 hours to the very first Needlework Shop I've ever been in. I about died of happiness! Stichville USA is in Minnetonka, MN and was pretty hard to find, as it's hidden in the corner of an extensive complex of strip malls. The place is HUGE and stocked with everything stitchy you could ever dream of. I was at first so overwhelmed I could only wander around in a daze, but after some time the layout of the store made more sense to me. I had a blissful shopping experience which lasted for over two hours.

Mostly I purchased fabrics of all different counts and colors, many of them beautiful opalescents I've never seen before. The selection was incredible..

I was also blown away by the sheer number of stitched models they had there.. When you shop online you can't tell from the photo what things REALLY look like, so I discovered some new designers I love. One was Nora Corbett for Mirabilia...wow, her stuff looks much more spectacular in real life than in photos. I bought two of her smaller charts that aren't full coverage patterns, because my damaged hands just aren't up to full coverage. "Mermaid Verde" and "Cupid" the reindeer were the two I chose. They're beautiful with many embellishments.

The other brand I was impressed by is called The Sweetheart Tree. When you see pics of these designs online they look very unexciting, but Stichville had models of them displayed. My goodness there was so much sparkle and bling I couldn't resist...sparkly fabric, sparkly threads, and sparkly beads all in one place! I purchased "Potpourri Heart" and "Tulip Welcome". Unfortunately this brand is very expensive. The charts were $25 each, and they're SMALL charts...one had some threads and beads included and the other one didn't.

There was one mistake I made; I bought some wool felt patterns for needle books and then totally forgot to get the actual wool fabric while I was there. Oops! Guess I'll just have to go back to Stitchville again.

I uploaded a few new pics at the RCTN photo page (my album is called Violet Stitches' Projects) if anyone is interested: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...os/photostream

Happy Stitching to everyone on this gorgeous spring day.

-Violet