BFNR!! (or) no longer a virgin

Old October 28th 03, 11:13 PM
CLP

Default BFNR!! (or) no longer a virgin

You may remember a post awhile back wherein I admitted to Jerri that I have
never owned a Swarovski crystal. (I didn't admit I have never SEEN one in
person.) The illustrious Dr. Sooz not only dubbed me a Swarovski Virgin, but
apparantly decided to "deflower" me!

Out in my mailbox on this dreary, wet October day was this little square box
marked, "FIRST CLASS" on all sides, with the acronym BFNR in the return
address slot. My daughter and I looked at each other then took it inside and
opened it up immediately. What to our wondering eyes did appear but
cellophane baggies all sparkley and clear! (wrong story, but I am stunned)
All kinds of crystals, all sparkley and beautiful! Colors and facets! How
absolutely beautiful. I can see why they are so coveted. We are still
grinning!

Sooz, I'm glad you were my first. Thank you for being so gentle. (You could
have stayed a little longer and cuddled some - oh! wrong story, but as I
said, I am stunned!)

You were right to mark it First Class. What a lovely, unexpected thing to
do. I hope what goes around comes around and you are blessed beyond anything
you would hope or think! Thanks, Sooz.

--
It could work.

Live and be well,
Christy

Old October 28th 03, 11:16 PM
Dr. Sooz

Sooz, I'm glad you were my first. Thank you for being so gentle. (You could
have stayed a little longer and cuddled some - oh! wrong story, but as I
said, I am stunned!)

Haw haw haw! Or made waffles for you. (I know how chicks are)
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old October 29th 03, 04:26 AM
JL Amerson

WARNING: SWAROVSKI CRYSTALS CAN BE ADDICTIVE.

(I've got a crystal monkey on my back. I only went back to work to support
my Swarovski habit.)

Old October 29th 03, 08:45 PM
Kalera Stratton

In article cKCnb.46284$N94.713@lakeread02, "CLP"
wrote:

[...]

LOL that's so cool.. and your retelling made me giggle and blush! (Just
kidding about the blushing part.)

WARNING: Swarovski is addictive! I started buying it a couple of months
ago because I needed ONE color for ONE project. I've spent over $60 on
it since then...

--
-Kalera

---------

http://www.beadwife.com
auctions at http://www.snurl.com/1sfe
Old October 29th 03, 08:46 PM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
"JL Amerson" wrote:

WARNING: SWAROVSKI CRYSTALS CAN BE ADDICTIVE.

(I've got a crystal monkey on my back. I only went back to work to support
my Swarovski habit.)

HAHAHA! I guess I should have read on before issuing my own warning! But
it's TRUE!

--
-Kalera

---------

Old October 31st 03, 05:42 PM
Kalera Stratton

In article , "KDK"
wrote:

Psahw- you are just a Swarovski baby then...

Kathy K

I know! I fear for my pocketbook...

--
-Kalera

---------

Old November 2nd 03, 01:11 AM
Kandice Seeber

You're right about that - I will walk in to a bead store for one color for a
particular project and end up buying fifteen different colors because they
are just so darn gorgeous and I know I'll use them eventually...... $100
later, I realize I only have a tiny bag of crystals. But they're so
beautiful!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old November 2nd 03, 01:28 AM
JL Amerson

I went to my LBS yesterday to replace the Siam crystals. I only need about
91 of them plus a clasp. Well..............I spent about $57. I ended up
buying a few Helio ABs as well as the Siam. I had the double row RAW
bracelet from B&B done in Shadow AB 2x and Indian Sapphire AB 2x with a
terrific crystal clasp. The blue just didn't *pop*. It was lovely but not
quite right. I cut it apart last night, replaced the clasp with a SS
filigree and used the Helios for the accent beads. *POP*!!

Tomorrow I'm teaching the single RAW bracelt at Ben Franklin. I actually
persuaded them to buy real Swarovski bicones for this one. We did it once
with their (cheap) glass bicones and there was a difference. Tomorrow we're
doing it right! (Ha ha - right/right angle weave! No pun initially
intended.) I'll get these people hooked yet! (This is where I walk off
laughing evilly.)

BFNR Photos CLP Beads 8 September 30th 03 01:23 AM
BFNR Lisa Kisner Beads 3 September 28th 03 12:16 PM
AWESOME BFNR from SOOZ starlia Beads 2 September 10th 03 05:11 PM
Amazing Polyclay BFNR Mary Rurup Beads 11 August 19th 03 10:01 PM
BFNR! Woo-Hoo! Kandice Seeber Beads 1 July 22nd 03 12:07 PM