OT odd day in So. Cal

Old October 23rd 03, 09:55 PM
Taria

Default OT odd day in So. Cal

Hi folks. I am sitting here mid day and the sky has become
dark and orange. There is a huge billowy cloud of smoke
just pouring out of the hills and into the air all around.
Really creepy. There have been several fires here in
So. Cal. this week. We are sitting right between two.
Planes and helicopters about for water and phoscheck
(sp) drops.
Running AC to keep the air clean. Its really hot and dry out.
Can't help but think of the overwhelming job the firefighters
are confronting. They could all use our thoughts and prayers
I would suspect. Funny how all the people we tend to
depend on are so often overlooked until we need them.
Taria

Old October 23rd 03, 11:48 PM
Coleen

Taria --

Wow, that must be really frightening. Please stay safe. Sending good
thoughts and prayers in your area, including those fighting the fires.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

Old October 24th 03, 12:04 AM
Taria

Thanks Coleen. The big fire near us isn't endangering
many structures. We are fine here. There is ash raining
down though. It really has to be wearing on the firefighters.
I know the days of hard labor have to wear on them.
Taria

Old October 24th 03, 12:44 AM
Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)

A few years ago we went to a high school football game in southeastern Idaho
(we live in southwestern Idaho). The sky was so thick with smoke that in
mid afternoon you could look directly at the sun. Ash from the fire rained
down on us like snow during the game! We get really socked in here in our
valley from smoke when the forest fires are bad and the atmospheric
conditions are right - but, that was the first time I was ever in an ash
'snow storm' at a football game. It wasn't pretty! So, I can definitely
feel for you - BTDT!
--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

Remove ".remove.invalid" to reply

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

Old October 24th 03, 12:48 AM
melinda

Taria wrote:
Hi folks. I am sitting here mid day and the sky has become
dark and orange. There is a huge billowy cloud of smoke
just pouring out of the hills and into the air all around.
Really creepy. There have been several fires here in
So. Cal. this week. We are sitting right between two.
Planes and helicopters about for water and phoscheck
(sp) drops.
Running AC to keep the air clean. Its really hot and dry out.
Can't help but think of the overwhelming job the firefighters
are confronting. They could all use our thoughts and prayers
I would suspect. Funny how all the people we tend to
depend on are so often overlooked until we need them.
Taria

Hoping you stay safe, I hate bushfires!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old October 24th 03, 03:08 PM
Lynne Van

Actually, I was just thinking about you last night. I've driven
through your area many times on the interstate, and I can't
imagine what it must be like to see that huge wildfire burning.
Running th AC is a good idea. It must be horrible for the
firefighters.

Cheers,

Lynne in Toronto
.................................................. .................

Old October 25th 03, 10:58 PM
shhdesigns

Hope everything settles down for you soon. Remembering our forest fires of
the interior this summer.
Sandi in New Westminster, B.C.

Old October 26th 03, 12:48 AM
RAB/SAB

We live on the coast of California in Seal Beach and quite aways from the
fire and when we got up this morning our cars and everything outside is all
covered in ashes and our sky is orange as well I can imagine how bad it is
for the poor people living closer to the fires