Karen bead and question

Old September 1st 03, 11:56 PM
Mary Rurup

Vicki...I saw your necklace, and I saw "another" necklace design. Kinda
what Kandice was talking about.

A three strand necklace, not braided, but one perhaps 16", 1 17", 1 18" or
similar. Coordinating colors, but different styles (similar to what you are
braiding), then the last one, with the drop? Or bringing all three to the
drop, either one.

BTW, I *love* the colors you chose...absolutely gorgeous!

Just my two cents...

mary

--
Joy multiplies when it is shared among friends, but grief diminishes with
every division. That is life.
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
.net...
You can make the design primarily crystals in one strand - just alternate
simple Swarovski bicones and maybe small round or disk-shaped silver

beads -
even the tiny Bali daisy spacers wirk well. Not much to the design, but

the
simplicity is often what the younger people go for. I made necklaces for

my
two teenage cousins (they're twins but dress very differently) last
Christmas. They had very small lampwork beads mixed with crystal bicones

and
Bali spacers. Y shaped necklaces with just one strand, with a small chain
for adjusting the size. They loved them.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

]simple designs
]with lots and lots of crystals.

okay - you have to explain that one to me.
how do you do BOTH?

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Old September 2nd 03, 01:50 AM
Carol in SLC

here are the two "Karen" sets i finished yesterday:

http://www.vickijean.com/images/jewe...ecklace_20.jpg

http://www.vickijean.com/images/jewelry/necklaces/necklace_19.jpg

They're both great, Vicki, but I especially LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the teal one with
the boro bead. It finished up AWESOME!

Carol in SLC
eBay:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...include=0&user
id=celestialbeads
JustBeads:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=5530
My jewelry (8/28): http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/hoyt1.jpg
Old September 2nd 03, 05:17 AM
Karen_AZ

Ohhhh lovely. 4 thumbs up!!!!

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Old September 2nd 03, 05:44 PM
Deirdre S.

I gotcha. So the majority-preferences of her age-group mean you are
likely to appeal to them with one kind of creation, and to another
group with some of your others.

It's handy to know what to market to whom. But I betcha you'll find an
enclave of 20-somethings who love Victorian intricateness, too -- who
don't fall in line with the minimalist jewelry buyers in Jamie's
circle. Individual by individual, some folks are going to be
exceptions to whatever might be the rule for their 'type'.

Deirdre

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 15:19:15 -0700, vj wrote:

i just hadn't thought about them
liking the simpler things. they always snatch up the dreamcatchers so
fast, their preferences in other things hadn't registered yet.

Old September 2nd 03, 05:47 PM
Deirdre S.

Very cool! I really like the colors. They set off the lampwork without
being totally self-effacing. And the beads that look like they have
'rings of Saturn' around the middle -- does that shape have a name?

Deirdre

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 15:21:42 -0700, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Deirdre S.
:

]Show it to a few more people whose tastes are different and see what
]kind of feedback you get before decicing for sure. I suspect you'll
]get quite a few more nods than raised eyebrows...

okay - here are the two "Karen" sets i finished yesterday:

http://www.vickijean.com/images/jewe...ecklace_20.jpg

http://www.vickijean.com/images/jewe...ecklace_19.jpg

-----------

Old September 2nd 03, 09:00 PM
Deirdre S.

Lucky, since that means we may find an interested customer in
unexpected places, and an encouragement not to get stuck in
stereotyping a buyer by their 'demographics'. I think lots of
by-the-numbers marketers may miss a significant number of sales
because they think they know already what someone will like because
they assume they are typical of their 'group identity'. And, guess
what? Those guys may fool the statisticians by being atypical.

Deirdre

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:53:02 -0700, vj wrote:

]It's handy to know what to market to whom. But I betcha you'll find an
]enclave of 20-somethings who love Victorian intricateness, too -- who
]don't fall in line with the minimalist jewelry buyers in Jamie's
]circle. Individual by individual, some folks are going to be
]exceptions to whatever might be the rule for their 'type'.

and isn't THAT lucky for all of us!

Old September 2nd 03, 09:02 PM
Deirdre S.

Oh, well. BTW, playing in a warehouse full of beads sounds like
bliss...

Deirdre

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:56:40 -0700, vj wrote:

not that i know of, unfortunately. the rings are jagged, but they're
Czech, as far as i remember, and they're all one piece. KB7849 was
the number J'me had on them. but i pulled them out of her warehouse
when i went to play there. honestly, i don't know if any more of them
exist, or not!

Old September 2nd 03, 11:40 PM
Deirdre S.

wicked grin That makes two of us (at least!)...

Deirdre

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:10:11 -0700, vj wrote:

i'd be a statistician's worst nightmare!

Old September 2nd 03, 11:45 PM
Kandice Seeber

I love every single thing on this page. Especially the heart necklace!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Vicki -- it reminds me of one I made in 1998 (the third one down on the

list),
which was bought by Mavis Smith on auction! boy did that make me feel

good!
LOL

http://members.aol.com/Becbean/gallery4.html

The point: monochromatic, but interesting.

Becki
But what it sounded like
when she yelled was, "She prefers dicks". --Tina

Old September 3rd 03, 12:18 AM
Deirdre S.

Thanks, but I think I'd better start using some of what I already have
on hand ... grin

I need to put a lid on acquisitiveness for a while, unless it is
indispensable 'staples' like crimps, clasps, etc.

I had to laugh as lots of folks condemned lobster clasps today, since
I just acquired 100 each of G/F and sterling lobster clasps.

My missing South Pacific box arrived from Minneapolis today, btw, with
its fountain of pearls. I'm with Kathy. That's a downright awesome
-amount- of pearls to handle at one time.

Deirdre

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:12:57 -0700, vj wrote:

i have three strands of 25 of those left. would you like some?

de-lurking with a color question Jennifer Moore Beads 8 August 16th 03 09:42 PM
Question - Bead Creator Software CLP Beads 1 July 26th 03 10:42 PM
Another question.... Question about Beading Thread Ken Knecht Beads 3 July 16th 03 06:24 AM
Question - Bead Loom Dr. Sooz Beads 72 July 14th 03 01:54 AM
Bead Rennaisance "vs" Bead Faire D Brock Beads 5 July 11th 03 03:08 AM