I think it's time for a new round of

Old December 4th 08, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default I think it's time for a new round of

What are you stitching?

I'm working on a Dimensions kit - Live Simply. I've replace the Mill Hill
Xmas sampler with this for my girlfriend next door. I need, well, peace and
quiet to work on the Mill Hill, I just don't have it. So she'll get it next
year.

I plan to finish the other as a no sew block that she can put on the screen
porch table.

Cheryl

Old December 4th 08, 12:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Queencityxstitcher

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
What are you stitching?

I'm working on a Dimensions kit - Live Simply. I've replace the Mill Hill
Xmas sampler with this for my girlfriend next door. I need, well, peace and
quiet to work on the Mill Hill, I just don't have it. So she'll get it next
year.

I plan to finish the other as a no sew block that she can put on the screen
porch table.

Cheryl

I just finished "Noah's Ark" for DSis Christina's baby's room. I'm going
to stitch it into a banner. (and I haven't forgotten that I promised the
chart to Linda Wright) I'll post a picture later. I'm nearly done with a
thimble box and a needle tool roll. I have a sweater in the half
finished stage for DGS Kaito. I'm putting MP's "Lots of Love" back on my
floor stand because Cheryl I is waiting for the pattern after I'm done.

Bobbie V.
Old December 4th 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/4/08 6:59 AM, in article ,
"Queencityxstitcher" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

Maybe I can see Noah on Sunday then...

And mentioning the sweater reminds me that I need to pick a yarn for DD's
friend's scarf....

Well there goes the alarm for DD. Time to feed the next ones out the door.

Old December 4th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
What are you stitching?

I'm working on a Dimensions kit - Live Simply. I've replace the Mill Hill
Xmas sampler with this for my girlfriend next door. I need, well, peace and
quiet to work on the Mill Hill, I just don't have it. So she'll get it next
year.

I plan to finish the other as a no sew block that she can put on the screen
porch table.

Cheryl

I recently finished an Amy Mitten sampler, the Tanya Berlin piece from
class (Bird of Paradise) on green silk, and an ornament for our Guild
exchange later today. I'll have to get pictures of these and put up on
RCTNP.

For a break and something simpler, I'm now working on a MLI Christmas
freebie. I do these on 13 count plastic canvas, add a backing and hang
on the tree. I have roughly 45 handmade ornaments (both ones I did, and
ornament exchange ones) on my tree.

MargW
Old December 4th 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Dec 4, 6:36*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
What are you stitching?

Cheryl

Only two projects in the current rotation:

Laura J. Perrin's Amethyst Dreams, which I'm not stitching in
amethyst, but blacks, silvers, and grays and thus I refer to this
project as "In the Midnight Hour." More than 75% finished. Need to
make the big push on this one. This was a class that Ellice taught
last summer.

And Martina Dey's Tsunami Charity sampler that was in the autumn 2007
issue of SANQ. I replaced the silks with Crescent Colours and figure
I'm about 20% done. I've developed a new fondness for Quaker style
samplers. Very relaxing, meditative stitching.

Donna in Virginia
Old December 4th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

On Dec 4, 5:59*am, Queencityxstitcher
wrote:
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

Bobbie V.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Bobbie! I just finished a long in progress Noah's Ark - crayon
and stitching. I'm sort of "eh" about the way it finished up, but I
think I'll make it into a baby quilt to donate to the pregnancy crisis
center or another organization for kids in need. Someone will
probably appreciate it more than me lol!

I am working on Stardust's "Smoky Mountain Christmas" - you can see it
he

http://www.bonnieskits2go.com/compon...cd135a3db3.jpg

or http://tinyurl.com/6rxymv

It's on that linen I wrote about the other day - I work with no
glasses or contacts right up to my nose. Two bear legs down, lots to
go.

What I'm really waiting for is Christmas - I get my Amethyst Dreams
(pattern, kit and threads for Donna's "In the Midnight Hour"
adaptation) and another canvas I bought at a specialty store in St.
Louis, together with threads for same - it's a beach theme.

Linda
Old December 4th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
What are you stitching?

Ornaments....assembling two versions of the freebie from Blue Ribbon
Designs (I took liberties with the colors):

http://www.blueribbondesigns.com/
(click on freebie link)

and stitching the little stocking from the Workbasket in this year's
ornament issue on 40-count linen in the silks called for. It's beautiful
-- and I may actually KEEP it, LOL!

Last night instead of doing cross-stitch I crocheted - finished up an
afghan that had been waiting some time for one night of concerted effort
to get it finished. So now I can check that off and clear it out of the way!

Sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old December 5th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

On Dec 4, 4:36*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
What are you stitching?

I'm trying to confine myself to UFO's and projects out of stash. Too
much stuff and not enough space. I've been working on an afghan out of
scraps and bits based on a Kaffe Fassett design - the border is in 4
sections and I've finished the second one. So I've been sewing in ends
for the past week. I'm not sure I have the endurance for section 3
right away.
Dora
Old December 5th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

I'm coming down the home stretch of GMTA, for the friend who really does
think alike, and then I'll start BFF for the one who really has been
best friend for ever (since we were 8).

Reading ... I have a pile of books next to the bed and don't seem to get
to them because it's too much like what I do for work. Tonight, I will
be reading about 300 pages of breach of contract instead of a novel.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

"On his tombstone, Benjamin Franklin wanted it said not that he had been
rich
but rather that he had been useful."

Finished 10/7/08 - Sun Fun (Dimensions)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://cfs-facts.blogspot.com/

Round Robins Elly Quilting 4 September 1st 07 05:23 PM
Princess Cut vs. Round Frosty Jewelry 5 February 28th 07 10:53 AM
Is it time for a round of who we are??? Frank Thallas Needlework 112 January 8th 05 12:48 AM
Mini Round Robin Time!!!!!! Keith and Michelle Pope Quilting 3 January 28th 04 06:16 AM