Ctton/silk or cotton/wool Mountain Mist batting?

Old April 9th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mauvice in central WI

Default Ctton/silk or cotton/wool Mountain Mist batting?

Has anyone tried this batting and what do you think of it?

http://tinyurl.com/3o6kml
Mauvice in snowy central WI
Old April 9th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Apr 9, 11:55*am, Mauvice in central WI wrote:
Has anyone tried this batting and what do you think of it?

http://tinyurl.com/3o6kml
Mauvice in snowy *central WI

I have used a lot of the cotton/wool batting and I really like it. it
is easy to machine quilt. I don't hand quilt so I don't know how it is
for that. It is a little heavier than the all cotton stuff so it is
great for quilts intended for colder climates. it might be to warm for
Arizona quilts.

John
Old April 9th 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marie Dodge[_2_]

"Mauvice in central WI" wrote in message
Has anyone tried this batting and what do you think of it?

http://tinyurl.com/3o6kml
Mauvice in snowy central WI

I'm sure I've used MM but the poly only. I'm allergic to wool and cotton
clumps. I wont use cotton batting.

Old April 9th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mauvice in central WI

On Apr 9, 12:52*pm, John wrote:
On Apr 9, 11:55*am, Mauvice in central WI wrote:

Has anyone tried this batting and what do you think of it?

http://tinyurl.com/3o6kml
Mauvice in snowy *central WI

I have used a lot of the cotton/wool batting and I really like it. it
is easy to machine quilt. I don't hand quilt so I don't know how it is
for that. It is a little heavier than the all cotton stuff so it is
great for quilts intended for colder climates. it might be to warm for
Arizona quilts.

John

Thanks John, I don't hand quilt either but I just bought it and
wondered if anyone had any experience with this brand, although an old
name you never know...
I will let you know after I try it..I am enamored with the silk
aspect of the batting! sound luxurious, boy did I get pulled in or
what?
Mauvice
Old April 9th 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

I've used the wool and love it. So warm and cozy. Just now, I bought a
cotton/bamboo batting. It's going into two baby quilts I have to make
next week. (why oh why do I wait until the week before the shower to
start sewing??) I'll let you guys know about the bamboo batting. I
have a friend who always uses silk batting. She only sews silk quilts.
Yes, I know.........
But she says they're wonderful, if a bit slippery. I'm thinking I
would use a touch of basting spray, just to keep things from slipping
around too much.

Sunny
Old April 9th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

I'll let you know. I just ordered some!! lol
--
Estelle UK
Gallagher one one at btinternet.com

You are never too old to become the person you should have been!
My photos are here!
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11

Old April 9th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

I love the bamboo batting. I have used it in one quilt, which is at the
shop (class sample) If I remember to take my camera on Sat. I will try
to take pictures of some of the classroom if any one would like. G

Pati, in Phx

Old April 10th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Sunny wrote:
I've used the wool and love it. So warm and cozy. Just now, I bought a
cotton/bamboo batting. It's going into two baby quilts I have to make
next week. (why oh why do I wait until the week before the shower to
start sewing??) I'll let you guys know about the bamboo batting. I
have a friend who always uses silk batting. She only sews silk quilts.
Yes, I know.........
But she says they're wonderful, if a bit slippery. I'm thinking I
would use a touch of basting spray, just to keep things from slipping
around too much.

Sunny

I have heard good things about that bamboo batting. There was an
article in one of the quilting mags saying it was the cat's whiskers.
I don't know any place locally that sells it so I might have to order
it online and see what all the fuss is about.

John
Old April 10th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

JoAnn's carries the bamboo batting. It is actually a bamboo/cotton blend
and is naturally antibacterial. G

Pati, in Phx

Old April 10th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

John wrote:

I have heard good things about that bamboo batting. There was an
article in one of the quilting mags saying it was the cat's whiskers.
I don't know any place locally that sells it so I might have to order
it online and see what all the fuss is about.

John

I will see if the local store has any. Thanks.

John

Who was looking for cotton batting Cheryl Isaak Needlework 14 March 19th 08 11:03 PM
Batting - Dream Wool Marcella Peek Quilting 0 October 25th 05 04:49 PM
Batting - Dream Wool Georg Quilting 0 October 25th 05 03:35 PM
Batting - Dream Wool Judie in Penfield NY Quilting 0 October 25th 05 02:59 PM
Mountain Mist batt, one more time Polly Esther Quilting 11 October 11th 04 05:21 PM