FYI for RCB Members Google is offering free websites

Old April 20th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default FYI for RCB Members Google is offering free websites

I just thought that the RCB group would be interested in a new service
from Google, they are offering free websites to everyone who has a
gmail account. It comes with basic templates etc...., you can even
link to your "real" site. This would also be great for folks who want
to link to pictures on auction but don't want to pay picture hosting -
you can just upload to your Google site and viola - you have hosting!

Just a thought....oh, you can see the one I made in less then 5 minutes
here http://lovebeads.googlepages.com/home

Happy Beading!
Denise
Glitzy Glass Studio
www.glassbeadz.com

Old April 20th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

OPPS I didn't make my post clear - when I said gmail account I meant
Google's free email, called gmail. Sorry
Denise

Old April 21st 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Oooooh!

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old April 21st 06, 07:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Do you have a link to where we can get this? I looked around but didn't
find it.

thanks,

cheryl

Old April 21st 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Hi Cheryl here is the email google sent me to sign up. I had gotten on
their notify me list a while back so when they went public they emailed
me the following information
From: The Google Page Creator Team [mailto Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 8:18 PM
To: The Google Page Creator Team
Subject: Google Page Creator -- Sign up!

Hi there,

Thanks for your interest in Google Page Creator! We're excited to
announce that we've opened up sign-ups to anyone with a Gmail account.
Just go to http://pages.google.com and sign in with your Gmail address
and password to begin making web pages. If you don't have a Gmail
account, you can sign up for one here (we'll send an invitation code to
your mobile phone via text message).

Google Page Creator is an experiment on Google Labs, a place where we
put projects before they're ready for prime time, so we can start
getting feedback from our users. So please let us know what you think
-- what features we should add, what problems you're experiencing, or
anything else that can help us make Google Page Creator a better
service for you.

This is the only email we'll be sending you -- unless you'd like to
receive future updates on Google Page Creator happenings.

Thanks,
The Google Page Creator team

I hope this helps!
Denise
www.glassbeadz.com

Old April 21st 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

I made one. Here's the link:

chelyha55.googlepages.com/home

I couldn't get it to put more than one picture on the page and place it
where I wanted it. I'll have to make one picture with several beads and
upload that. It's very easy to use and I'm on a Mac and it worked.

Cheryl

Old April 21st 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Hi Cheryl - that is because you picked a format that allows only one
pic. You have to play around a bit - also, you can add more pages and
links to that too. Just play with it and the buttons that are one the
page like the links etc..., and you will see what I mean....PS the
pendant and the pic is BEAUTIFUL!!! You can also insert paypal html
code so folks can purchase items.

Denise