OT AGGGHHH!!!

Old April 14th 05, 11:03 PM
NightMist

Default OT AGGGHHH!!!

I just got an email from my mom saying they are leaving this weekend
to come and visit.

OK, now I need it to be last Saturday.

Maybe I should fry up some chocolate and hide under the covers with a
good book.

NightMist
officially wigging now.
--
"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge
it, requires brains." -Mary Pettibone Poole
Old April 14th 05, 11:55 PM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

NightMist- I enjoyed reading the post of your very "exciting" trip to
pay your electric bill.... in the sense that it was very entertaining
and I was relieved it wasn't me going thru that ridiculous mess. I
will do my best to wish it to be last Saturday for you, but I must
confess right now it's never worked for me, so far.....

Good luck getting yourself prepared for the visit and I wish you the
stamina to survive it. I sympathize. I have a mother and she also
creates havoc (if I read your post correctly???) when she visits. Not
necessarily bad, just a turmoil.

Huggles and sloppy doggy breath kisses on the way to you.

Leslie (Mrs. Collins!!!) and The Furbabies in MO.

Old April 15th 05, 12:42 AM
Sharon Harper

At least you guys have mothers who *want* to visit you. I asked my mum when
she and dad were going to visit (oh - he's doing sooooooo much better now.
Thank y'all for your prayers and thoughts - they worked!) now that he's
better and in response to her comment of "Dad doesn't want to go back to
just staying at home, he wants to get out to places while he can". Her
response "Well we want to go to Queensland to see Peg and Michael (their
ex-next door neighbours) first and we really want to just get away to the
beach where we can sit and do nothing". The beach part I'm fine with but
visiting ex-neighbours before you'd see your family? That hurts.

Queen of Down Under
quicker)

ups.com...

Old April 15th 05, 04:42 AM
Polly Esther

Yes, Sharon. They do. Families hurt. Muster up whatever you can to be glad
that they may be able to visit ex-neighbors or get away to the beach. I
kind of sense that they don't feel up to putting a "everything is fine" face
on for you and the little ones. That's a hard one to call. And we know it is
very hard for you. Sending hugs, Polly

Old April 15th 05, 05:38 AM
Sharon Harper

Polly, I am eternally grateful to whoever/whatever it was that got dad
through this cancer and his operations. I don't know what I'd have done if
I'd lost him. Regarding the "everything is fine" face - that's all I hear
of. I phone them each day, to make sure they are doing okay, if they need
anything, just how life is in general. All I get is how well dad is doing,
how great he is, how much he is eating and drinking (even if she does feed
him too much junk food for my liking) and how everything is fine. If she'd
say "no, I'm not coping, dad's not eating, he's throwing up every day" if
that was what was occuring - I'd be happy to know, because maybe then I
could do something to help.

Anyway. Thanks for listening to me whining.

Queen of Down Under
quicker)

ink.net...

Old April 15th 05, 02:50 PM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Sharon-

I'm so sorry you're having this stress. Just maybe.... he really *is*
getting along well? I hope so!

Prayers and hugs continuing from me to you.

Leslie

Old April 16th 05, 03:31 AM
NightMist

On 14 Apr 2005 15:55:24 -0700, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:

NightMist- I enjoyed reading the post of your very "exciting" trip to
pay your electric bill.... in the sense that it was very entertaining
and I was relieved it wasn't me going thru that ridiculous mess. I
will do my best to wish it to be last Saturday for you, but I must
confess right now it's never worked for me, so far.....

Yeah, it's never worked for me either.

Good luck getting yourself prepared for the visit and I wish you the
stamina to survive it. I sympathize. I have a mother and she also
creates havoc (if I read your post correctly???) when she visits. Not
necessarily bad, just a turmoil.

Turmoil is a way to put it.
I love my mother but she is a very judgemental person.
We get along so much better since my parents moved 1500 miles away.

I have to majorly clean the house so it doesn't look like anybody
actually lives here. I also have to hide all evidence of quilting or
sewing. She knows I do it, but it tends to make her swoon to see
evidence that I actually _use_ anything I sew. Goddess forbid that
she ever stop by while I am doing a fitting for a paid project. There
seems to be a major difference between working a crap job and being
paid by the hour, and "taking in sewing". Apparently sewing for hire
smacks of ultimate destitution and degradation, or something. One
time I suggested that it could be worse and I could be taking in
laundry, and she snarled at me something vicious.

NightMist
Old April 16th 05, 11:50 AM
Kate Dicey

wrote:

[...]

Tell her how much you charge per hour, and point out that this is
waaaaay more than shelf stacking at the local horriblemarket!

My mum, who was a 'home sewer' - and will be again, and VERY middle
class, thinks it's excellent that I use my natural talents in this way,
and that we USE the quilts I make, and she WANTS ONE!

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old April 16th 05, 12:46 PM
Sharon Harper

Tee Hee....I remember when my DSM arrived for a visit post-birth of DD1.
She spent one whole morning rubber banding our cutlery. She left out four
of everything and rubber banded everything else "to make it tidy".

Queen of Down Under
quicker)

Old April 16th 05, 12:47 PM
Linda Sweigart

I too "take is sewing". I get about $12 an hour for alterations. I suppose I
could go work at Walmart instead for $6... I refer to myself a professional
seamstress. There's nothing degrading about it. Does she have the same
opinion about tailors who create expensive men's suits?

Linda, in Lancaster PA