Shorn Sheep

Old April 12th 04, 03:38 AM
JJMolvik

Default Shorn Sheep

Here is a site with a look at a half shorn sheep to show how much wool they
grow in a season. (For us city stitches that think wool comes only from
stores!)

http://www.carywolinsky.com/bin/Detail?ln=6603500081

I think it's kinda cool.

JJMolvik

Old April 12th 04, 04:34 AM
Katherine

JJMolvik wrote:
Here is a site with a look at a half shorn sheep to show how much
wool they grow in a season. (For us city stitches that think wool
comes only from stores!)

http://www.carywolinsky.com/bin/Detail?ln=6603500081

I think it's kinda cool.

OHMIGAWD, Jenn! That is incredible!!!
Katherine

Old April 12th 04, 11:36 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

I laughed at the "city slicker" bit ( being originally a country girl) it
made me think that when Frank and I took some superb woollen garments to the
USA thinking we may be able to set up a trade of some sort over there - the
buyer in one exclusive shop asked if the sheep had to be killed when they
were shorn. When I told this to my daughter she said " mum why did you not
say , Madam you were not killed when you had a hair cut !!!" God bless
Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old April 12th 04, 03:05 PM
enigma

"JJMolvik" wrote in
:

Here is a site with a look at a half shorn sheep to show
how much wool they grow in a season. (For us city stitches
that think wool comes only from stores!)

http://www.carywolinsky.com/bin/Detail?ln=6603500081

I think it's kinda cool.

i'll try to take some pictures of Radar before, during &
after he gets shorn next week. Angora goats grow hair at about
1" per month & i didn't fall clip him, so he has a years worth
of curls...
i might do pics of the llamas, too. everyone needs brushing &
blowing out after the winter. Russian has so much hay in his
fiber he looks green!
lee
Old April 12th 04, 07:46 PM
NoraBalcer

Lee,

I would love to see pictures of your animals, they must be cute.

Hugs,

Nora