happy dance

Old July 10th 03, 01:00 AM
Ann Adamson

Default happy dance

You can find the photos at http://photos.yahoo.com/annadamson

"Elena" wrote in message
t...
It does sound so cute! Do see about getting a picture to us to see it

before
it goes out to her. Congratulations!
I read this in the morning, so I will do a little spin and twist with the
coffeecup raised in a toast to you.

Elena in Tx

"Ann Adamson" wrote in message
. ..
For some reason, I usually don't happy dance, I just breathe a sigh of
relief and go to bed. Or occasionally pour myself a cool one to

celebrate.
But I JUST finished the cutest little quilted tote bag for my niece's
birthday -- and in plenty of time to fill it up with treats and send it

her it time for her actual birthday! So a little dancing is in order, I
think!

I will have to take some pictures and post them, but it is very cute (if

do say so myself) in all summery kid prints that remind me of summer in
Wisconsin, where she lives. There are hot pink suns, and fireflies on
turquoise and pretty ice cream cones and flowers and bubbles and sherbet
stripes. And the inside is lined with this cool pink seersucker fabric

from
Japan that is printed with bunnies and bears and paper lanterns and

little
bags with goldfish in them! I remember buying that fabric and thinking

how
cute it was and that I'd have to find a way to use it, and this was just
perfect.

So, *sigh*, off to bed!

Ann

Old July 10th 03, 01:12 AM
Elena

Ohh YAY!! I remember now, you had the great Wizards quilt too!
The totebag turned out so good! Thank you!

"Elena" wrote in message
[...]

little snip

Old July 10th 03, 01:50 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

That's so cute! I love the buttons on the handles.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

Old July 10th 03, 02:00 AM
Miriam \Mim\ Spencer

It is adorable, Ann !!!!! Congratulations -- and your other quilts are
great, too -- Thanks

Mim

Old July 10th 03, 12:44 PM
Queen of Squishies

Wow! What a wonderful gift.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 10th 03, 05:15 PM
Ann Adamson

Thanks! Now it's time to fill it up and send it off. I think we are going
to Target tomorrow to pick up some fun
girly treats. Anybody have any great ideas for summer treats for a 9
year-old girl? I have my 10 year-old boy to help, but he is a boy after
all...

I was thinking of: a book (not sure which one yet...maybe a classic like
Little Women, or perhaps an installment from a new book series for that
age...), sunglasses, nail polish, bubble gum, some hair accessories -- stuff
like that.

"Queen of Squishies" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Wow! What a wonderful gift.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 10th 03, 06:48 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Well, another thing would be a magazine. At 9 my dd liked Nickelodeon, Kids
Discovery...

How about sun block? Lip gloss! My dd loves lip gloss. Just try not to get
something too stinky! I hate it when she puts it on in the car. (it's now a
rule that she can't!)

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!

.. .

Old July 10th 03, 07:20 PM
Queen of Squishies

Don't forget stickers, glitter-glue, beading kit, crafty things like that.
My granddaughter goes nuts over that stuff.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 10th 03, 07:34 PM
Butterfly

Can we take this a bit further?
One of our 'acquaintances' DD has a rare form of bone cancer--may lose
her leg--
I need 'have to be STILL for hours' type of thingies to get for her
(this is a JOINT effort so it won't just be us)
All we know about her:

8 years old
loves to read
She is admitted to hospital the night before the treatment and then they
have NO IDEA for how long after each treatment.

We did get her a 'floppy hat with pin-on crocheted flowers' which her
parents appreciated--she lost her hair with the first treatment.

HELP please

Butterfly (no, I have not met this child)

Doin' the happy Dance JL Paules Beads 2 April 30th 04 12:50 AM
Finished Object -- Happy Dance!! SGC Needlework 2 February 19th 04 02:51 PM
Happy Dance - Finally! Ellice Needlework 2 December 18th 03 05:34 PM
Happy Dance! Mellissa Allison Needlework 2 October 26th 03 07:56 AM
Happy Dance Sampler45 Needlework 1 August 5th 03 04:02 AM