rug out of denim

Old March 28th 05, 05:04 PM
Julia in MN

Default rug out of denim

Lots of info on rag rugs at http://www.netw.com/~rafter4/. Probably more
than you wanted to know

My mom used to have a large floor loom that she used for weaving rag
rugs. She used all kinds of old clothing and sheets for her rugs. Those
were the best rugs -- strong, sturdy, laid nice and flat. Of course when
she had to move out of her house, the look had to go. There are still
rug weavers around here. I recently had several rugs woven from rag
strips that my mom had cut several years ago. Two were made from old
sheets. The other one was from knit shirts.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old March 28th 05, 05:19 PM
Sally Swindells

One day, when I have nothing to do, I will be able to read all these
exciting things I keep bookmarking! : -)

--
Sally in Suffolk UK

Old March 28th 05, 05:58 PM
pajaritaflora

Sally Swindells wrote:
One day, when I have nothing to do, I will be able to read all these
exciting things I keep bookmarking! : -)

--
Sally in Suffolk UK

Hehehe,...I do the same thing! The rag rug website tour was pretty
interesting.

Mary Ann

Old March 28th 05, 05:59 PM
georg

Jan wrote:

Thanks!!!!! I don't have a loom, although they look fun!! :-) I will
check out that site!! Thanks!

The other way is to braid it. Do a search for that - it's nifty thing
too, I think.

-georg

question about sewing with denim and faux furs. [email protected] Needlework 3 January 11th 05 08:37 PM
Question about denim and quilting Flossy Quilting 6 October 22nd 04 01:52 PM
Denim quilt help?? Joanna Quilting 3 September 22nd 04 07:22 PM
pictures of denim circle quilt posted Kirsten H. Sollie Quilting 18 April 27th 04 08:04 AM
Applique on Denim Overalls? Help! A Mullen Sewing 4 March 3rd 04 04:33 PM