No Pain!

Old May 15th 04, 08:25 PM
Dr. Sooz

He
didn't know it had gotten that bad cause I hide it from him.

Debbie. Don't do this. You need to share, or you become isolated from
everyone around you. Seriously. It's like being in the closet -- it's a
toxin, and it's terrible, terrible stress.

Don't tell everyone -- but choose a few people you can confide in. Or you will
get sicker, and more injured. This is serious.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 15th 04, 09:40 PM
Kalera Stratton

Totally. When I was a single mom, about the ONLY benefit to it was that
since we were always busy going to work or preschool or the babysitter,
or ferrying them to and from their dad's house, we were never home to
make a mess. I cleaned house once a week and it stayed clean until the
following weekend.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Jalynne wrote:
Then there's me, who really enjoys cleaning, just not the mess monsters that come
along after I'm done....sigh.

Old May 15th 04, 09:45 PM
Kalera Stratton

snort

"Sooz is high... time to do laundry!"

Ah, younger days!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Dr. Sooz wrote:
Hey, dirty little secret here. I love to iron. Ironing, to me, is
theraputic no brain work. Especially using lavander or rosemary mint water
on the clothes. In fact, I have a whole pile of therapy waiting in the
other room.
Now cleaning, OTOH........................
Jan

When I used to indulge in recreational meds, long long ago, I used to iron my
little heart out. I'd go to my friend's house and iron everything that wasn't
nailed down. She loved it.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old May 15th 04, 09:58 PM
Kalera Stratton

Argh, this made me mad. Why don't people understand that people with
illnesses and handicaps that make them unable to be active get fat
because they CAN'T ****ING EXERCISE? And often have to take pills that
make them gain weight?

"Oh, yeah honey, just get out there and take that weight off!" 'Cause
clearly you're be capable of going for a daily jog, right?

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Kathy N-V wrote:
On Fri, 14 May 2004 19:43:24 -0400, Jan G wrote
(in message . net):

Kathy, great news! What do you think helped the most? The meds?

A combination of things - meds, PT, a little weight loss and lots of powerful
vibes from the people here on RCB.

Amazingly, I wrote this last week, when I think I hit my lowest point:

-----------------------
The reality of my life is that I often have to crawl to get upstairs, and pay
for even the slightest exertion with days of pain. Or, I can take the
painkillers and be zoned out, those are my choices. I've gotten a lot
tougher - pain that would have made me cry years ago barely registers in my
consciousness these days. I spent a day with [a friend] a couple of weeks ago
- and spent five days in bed afterward, because I couldn't even walk to the
other end of the house without help.

It infuriates me to have people who have no idea what it's like to live in my
skin tell me that I need to lose weight. Think I don't know that? Think I
don't cringe when I see myself in the mirror and compare it to the person I
used to be? What magic wand can I wave to make it possible for me to walk up
the thirteen steps to my house? Forget running a marathon - I'd like to be to
sit through one of DD's school presentations. Once I gain that much
progress, I'll worry about losing weight, okay?
----------------------------

That was in response to someone telling me that I "need to get active and
take off those pounds. Just stop eating so damn much."

She didn't get it. I've been on heavy duty steroids for more than 20 years,
and am 100 lbs. heavier than my pre-steroid weight. I used to eat everything
in sight back then, and never gained an ounce. Now, I eat one meal a day,
because the pain makes me nauseated most of the time. If I stop the steroids,
I die - period.

Not too many choices there - I'll walk through burning coals to be there
while my daughter grows up. I suspect that DD thinks that having a fat mother
is way better than having a dead one. Being there for my family is my sole
motivation.

I'm a little sore tonight - I had to test my new meds by driving a couple of
miles, because Bob is out of town. But I've been able to skip the Vicodin
for three days, and that's wonderful. Even if it doesn't last, this respite
has been wonderful. It's like a beautiful sunny day after a long, long
winter.

Kathy N-V

Old May 15th 04, 10:31 PM
KDK

What she said. Listen! Don't make us come over there!

Kathy K
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
He
didn't know it had gotten that bad cause I hide it from him.

Debbie. Don't do this. You need to share, or you become isolated from
everyone around you. Seriously. It's like being in the closet -- it's a
toxin, and it's terrible, terrible stress.

Don't tell everyone -- but choose a few people you can confide in. Or you

will
get sicker, and more injured. This is serious.
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old May 15th 04, 10:47 PM
Shirley Shone

I totally agree with you Kalera.
The dietician says I do not eat enough. The doctor tells me to lose
weight.
The dietician says if I eat less I could suffer from malnutrition.
If I exercise I could have a heart attack. I have meds to slow me down.
So I have not a cat in hells chance of losing weight. It is like running
around in a circle, no end to it.
Shirley

In message , Kalera Stratton
writes

--
Shirley Shone
Old May 16th 04, 12:19 AM
Debbie B

I know. I'm waiting for my appt. on the 26th with my neurologist. Is
exhaustion part of it? I'm so tired I could just scream but it's too much
effort.

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Debbie, avoiding meds for the pain isn't therapeutic. Trust me, I know.

~ Enduring pain as a virtue is a myth. It's very bad for your body, and

your
health. It creates more stress, which in turn creates worse health.

~ If you put up with pain, feeling it instead of masking it, you can end

up
with fibromyalgia or other neurological problems. It's pointless to

suffer,
unless you want to get sicker. It's better for you, long term and short

term,
to be a bit woozy than in pain.

~ If you don't take the meds at the first onset of the pain, it doesn't

work
very well. You should take them at the first hint.

Being "tough" about one's pain is not wise. It's a myth perpetuated for

years
and years, based on this country's Puritan founders' views. And those

people
were crazy! Do you really want to do that? Be crazy?

Plus, people in pain are very hard on the ones who love them. If you

won't do
it for yourself, do it for those around you.

maybe I could walk and laugh more.

~~snipped~~
haven't even taken any meds
for the pain. lol

~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

---

Old May 16th 04, 12:58 AM
Jalynne

Oh, yes, exhaustion is part of it. I can't tell you how completely wiped out it made
me.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

ink.net...

Old May 16th 04, 12:59 AM
Jalynne

Yes, seriously...I did myself a great disservice last year when I held it all in, and
now a good friend of mine is going through a similar struggle. It would have been
much better for her if she had known what was ahead.

Old May 16th 04, 01:02 AM
Jalynne

AMEN, sister. Now that I have no pain...the weight is coming off with very little
effort. GEEEE, i wonder why that is??? (dripping sarcasm included for emphasis)