Question about scroll frames

Old March 31st 15, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Danny Breidenbach

Default Question about scroll frames

Hi --

I generally use Q-Snaps to hold my work, and I'd had no major problems. I have a question about scrolls, though. Do the scrolls hold one's work taut enough all the way around to allow for easy stitching? That's one really nice thing about Q-Snaps: if the piece gets a little loose, one simply gives one of the snaps a partial twist. All better! From what I've seen of scrolls, it looks like the two edges perpendicular to the scroll bars might get a bit saggy or floppy. And how does one keep the scroll from loosening --- does it have some sort of clamping system to prevent unwanted unrolling?

Thanks!
--Danny
Old April 2nd 15, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

Danny Breidenbach wrote:

And how does one keep the scroll from loosening --- does it
have some sort of clamping system to prevent unwanted unrolling?

Thanks! --Danny

Tighten the screws with all your might, and they won't unroll.

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

WIP: MLI Gathering of Roses as birth sampler
Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

COPYRIGHT 2015 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEWGIRLS/INSPIREPOINT,
IT HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
WHICH CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Old April 4th 15, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rich[_3_]

I use scroll frames a lot. I find it hard to get the fabric attatched
to the rods. I gave up on basting and started using blue painters
tape. Its easier but still not perfect. Some fabrics don't want to
stick to the tape.
As you stitch and roll the finished part onto the rods it does get
loose on the sides. There is a solution, I have clips with velcro
that go on the sides and will hold the side part of the fabric taught.
I just tried to find a link to them online with no luck.

Old April 4th 15, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

They're called stitch clips and Nordic Neele carries the

http://www.nordicneedle.com/prod/6934.html

Pat in SJ
Old April 5th 15, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rich[_3_]

wow Pat, you did much better than me. I searched through a lot of
pages on that site without finding them. I don't remember them being
that pricey when I got them.

On Sat, 4 Apr 2015 10:27:42 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

They're called stitch clips and Nordic Neele carries the

http://www.nordicneedle.com/prod/6934.html

Pat in SJ

Hoops/ scroll frames and more D.M.Evans Needlework 18 September 14th 04 05:13 AM
Hoops, scroll frames, q-snaps JiminyCricket Needlework 4 August 29th 04 12:21 AM
Scroll frame BDS2pds Needlework 13 February 24th 04 05:22 AM
Scroll saw Christina Peterson Beads 2 February 22nd 04 02:07 PM
Scroll Frame Question Sorceress Needlework 4 August 22nd 03 01:10 PM