A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Craft related newsgroups » Jewelry
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

luigi scialanga



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 15th 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
buckaroo
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default luigi scialanga

I find it very difficult to find documents , photos, ... , on the
creations (especially his incredible necklaces) of this italian
designer, can anyone help?
Thanks
Ads
  #2  
Old June 16th 08, 05:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Heinrich Butschal[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21
Default luigi scialanga

buckaroo schrieb:
I find it very difficult to find documents , photos, ... , on the
creations (especially his incredible necklaces) of this italian
designer, can anyone help?
Thanks


It took only 2 Minutes:
http://glendablakeinteriors.blogspot...-necklace.html
http://www.phillipsdepury.com/exhibi...px?sn=UK020107
an here I think You find more and easier:
http://images.google.de/images?hl=de&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:defficial&hs=XGl&q=luigi%20sci alanga&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Mit freundlichem Gruß,
Heinrich Butschal
--
Schmuck Gutachter und Schmuckverkauf http://www.butschal.de
Schmuck nach Maß anfertigen http://www.meister-atelier.de
Firmengeschenke und Ehrennadeln http://www.goldschmiede-meister.com
Schmuckmanufaktur http://www.schmuckfabrik.de
Schmuck gut verkaufen und günstig kaufen http://www.schmuck-boerse.com
  #3  
Old June 16th 08, 08:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 298
Default luigi scialanga

buckaroo wrote:
I find it very difficult to find documents , photos, ... , on the
creations (especially his incredible necklaces) of this italian
designer, can anyone help?
Thanks


Hmmm,

Ever heard of Google? It's a quaint little search engine, that let's
you search for images also. Try it, you may like it.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
  #4  
Old June 16th 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Gary Wooding
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default luigi scialanga

Abrasha wrote:

...snip...

Ever heard of Google? It's a quaint little search engine, that let's
you search for images also. Try it, you may like it.

Have you ever heard of William Hartson who, many years ago, used to
write a column in "The Express" (a UK newspaper) under the name of
Beachcomber, and published the following tale...

'In the days of Elizabeth I,' he recounts, 'the ancient and honourable
post of Apostropher Royal was established after a humble greengrocer,
delivering a supply of potatoes to the royal household, drew the royal
attention to a misplaced apostrophe in a royal decree. Her Majesty
immediately created the above-mentioned office to control the quality
and distribution of apostrophes and deliver them in wheelbarrows to all
the greengrocers of England on the second Thursday of every month
(Apostrophe Thursday). Despite, or perhaps because of, the present
widespread use of misplaced greengrocer's apostrophes, there is still an
Apostropher Royal, one going by the name of Sir D'Anville O'M'Darlin,
who nowadays concerns himself with "such urgent issues as the tendency
of trendy publishers to replace quotation marks with colons and dashes",
the effect of which is that pairs of unwanted inverted commas can be
illegally shipped abroad, split down the middle to form low-grade
apostrophes and sold back to
an unwary British public'.

--
Regards, Gary Wooding
(To reply by email, change feet to foot in my address)
  #5  
Old June 17th 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
mbstevens
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 165
Default luigi scialanga

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:08:39 -0700, el Gary Wooding punched in:


Snip the OP's and Abrasha' posts with punctuation mistakes.
Which those two posts is being replied to here is not clear.


Have you ever heard of William Hartson who, many years ago, used to
write a column in "The Express" (a UK newspaper) under the name of
Beachcomber, and published the following tale...



Snip Harston's shaggy dog story about misplaced punctuation.

_________________
Twisted syntax is sometimes
worse than a misplaced comma
because it makes
the reader's job even harder.

Let's try a cleanup:
_________________
Have you heard of William Hartson?
Long ago he wrote a column for
the UK newspaper "The Express" under
the name "Beachcomber."
Here is one of his tales:
_________________

An ambiguity remains whether "Beachcomber" is
Harston's pseudonym, the name of his column,
or the name of the particular tale in question.
  #6  
Old June 17th 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 298
Default luigi scialanga

Gary Wooding wrote:
Abrasha wrote:

...snip...

Ever heard of Google? It's a quaint little search engine, that let's
you search for images also. Try it, you may like it.

Have you ever heard of William Hartson who, many years ago, used to
write a column in "The Express" (a UK newspaper) under the name of
Beachcomber, and published the following tale...

'In the days of Elizabeth I,' he recounts, 'the ancient and honourable
post of Apostropher Royal was established after a humble greengrocer,
delivering a supply of potatoes to the royal household, drew the royal
attention to a misplaced apostrophe in a royal decree. Her Majesty
immediately created the above-mentioned office to control the quality
and distribution of apostrophes and deliver them in wheelbarrows to all
the greengrocers of England on the second Thursday of every month
(Apostrophe Thursday). Despite, or perhaps because of, the present
widespread use of misplaced greengrocer's apostrophes, there is still an
Apostropher Royal, one going by the name of Sir D'Anville O'M'Darlin,
who nowadays concerns himself with "such urgent issues as the tendency
of trendy publishers to replace quotation marks with colons and dashes",
the effect of which is that pairs of unwanted inverted commas can be
illegally shipped abroad, split down the middle to form low-grade
apostrophes and sold back to
an unwary British public'.





--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
  #7  
Old June 17th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W.. Rowe,
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 355
Default luigi scialanga

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:41:31 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry mbstevens
wrote:


Snip the OP's and Abrasha' posts with punctuation mistakes.
Which those two posts is being replied to here is not clear.


1. C'learly it w'as A'brasha's post replied to with it's "let's", since there
are no aphostrophes in the OP's posting.

2. And w'ho c'are's, since the story is h'ilariou's

3. I'gnoring o'course, the fact that it''s somewhat off t'opic, unless our fine
f'ellow is making jewelry out of those sack's of halved quotation mark's

g'otta go s'neeze now. Have some odd apostrophe's stuck in my throat...
apparently caught on some stray... '''ellipses...

P'eter
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2018 CraftBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.