Question mounting photos for presentation

Old March 29th 05, 04:21 PM
whozix

Default Question mounting photos for presentation

I recently completed a craft project to present as a gift. It contained
photographs that were scanned, copied to CD and processed at a typical
1-hour photo center. The 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" pics were affixed to an off-white
matt, using double-sided sticky squares that are advertised as acid-free and
archive quality. The matt was framed behind glass and the finished product
was beautiful. Within 24 hours, however, relatively faint, black
discoloration began to appear on the white border of the photographs,
corresponding to the spots where the sticky-squares were placed. As a novice
at this sort of thing, my question to you experts out there is, what am I
doing wrong? Is my problem related to the photo paper or is there a better
method to affix the photos without producing the same disappointing results?
Thanks to all for any advice or insight.

Old March 30th 05, 05:55 AM
shelly340inca

whozix, you can try using a spray adhesive specially made for
photographs. You can get it at a local photo store that sells mounting
supplies. I used to use it when I was taking photography in college.
I'm not sure why its turning black.