THE EASIEST NEEDLEWORK TO LEARN

Old July 28th 14, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default THE EASIEST NEEDLEWORK TO LEARN

On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:10:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
What is the easiest sort of needlework to learn?

Is it knitting? Crochet? Embroidery? Tatting? What?

Thanks to anyone who answers

Crochet was easy for me to learn. At least it's an easy ripout.

I never could knit well - lumpy-bumpy.
Embroidery can be tough to master.
Tatting I never tried.
I love needlepoint, but my fingers say it's time to quit.
Old July 29th 14, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 7/28/2014 4:03 PM, wrote:

Crochet was easy for me to learn. At least it's an easy ripout.

I knit very similarly to crochet, IOW, I "pick" the yarn, rather than
"throw" it. Knitting rips out just as easily...you don't want to know
how I know! Lol!!

I never could knit well - lumpy-bumpy.
Embroidery can be tough to master.

And even tougher to rip out!

Tatting I never tried.

I haven't learned to shuttle tat (although I'd love to...there are some
beautiful shuttles I'm coveting!) but learned needle tatting a few years
back at a CATS show. I found it very similar in motion to crochet.

My problem with tatting is...what do you do with the stuff you tat? The
one thing I did tat was some insects to applique on Cheryl's hugs quilt
a few years back. I'm not into frilly edgings or doilies. Hmmm...
we're remodeling our living room so maybe some tatted arm/headrests for
the couch? I'll have to keep that in mind. We're getting a
wine-colored couch.

--
Joan

See my pictures he
http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old July 30th 14, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

Joan Erickson wrote:

My problem with tatting is...what do you do with the stuff you tat?

One of the elderly ladies at church made notecards -- she tatted
flowers, glued them to a blank card, and then drew stems, leaves, and a
bit of grass.

You can make larger tatted items and frame them.

I also edge my embroidered pillowcases with tatting.

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 6/11/14 -- needlepoint Christmas Lights ornament

WIP: Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

COPYRIGHT 2014 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEWGIRLS/INSPIREPOINT,
IT HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
WHICH CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Old July 30th 14, 10:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kay Lancaster

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014 17:46:38 -0700, Karen C wrote:
Joan Erickson wrote:

My problem with tatting is...what do you do with the stuff you tat?

One of the elderly ladies at church made notecards -- she tatted
flowers, glued them to a blank card, and then drew stems, leaves, and a
bit of grass.

You can make larger tatted items and frame them.

I also edge my embroidered pillowcases with tatting.

Tatted snowflakes make good ornaments... just starch them stiffly.

THE EASIEST NEEDLEWORK TO LEARN [email protected] Needlework 3 July 1st 14 12:17 AM
Your Easiest Million melbbr4 Quilting 0 July 6th 07 07:27 PM
The easiest way to get free cash! thegreatmontezuma Pottery 0 September 13th 05 12:44 PM
The easiest way to get free cash! thegreatmontezuma Rubberstamps 0 September 13th 05 12:42 PM
Anyone know the easiest way to figure out how much yarn was used? Mary Needlework 6 August 5th 03 04:40 PM