Day one of weekend

Old May 30th 10, 01:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Day one of weekend

Well, it's been amusing folks.

Let's start with Friday morning The power went out and I couldn't so what
needed to be done at home. So I went shopping - clothes and plant. Found a
a top that I'm going to return later - I love it but the rest of the family
says I look like a Hawaiian couch. But I did find a nice nightgown,
something I really needed as two have gone to the trash with holes etc.

Friday afternoon, power's back. DS and buddy Pat (male) are in his room
looking for K's swim shorts. And Pat has decided the room must be
straightened up BEFORE they go buy a bathing suit. Yes, this is not the
neatest of homes and K's room was a study in disaster, but I wish you could
have all listened to P rag on K about the room. Well, the room is now neat,
vacuumed and more "I'm not going wear these" clothes in the pile for the
thrift shop on Tuesday. And a few books too - but those will go to a
friend's first grade son. (swim trunks still MIA)

Boys went one way, DD another and DH and I went out for dinner. I stitched,
did more laundry and called it a night.

Saturday - got up, did more laundry and stitched on Ladybugs and Bumblebees
and went out for breakfast. Then DD and I went shopping for outfits for her
for graduation weekend. I didn't think I could be this worn out from
shopping with her. At TJMaxx, we found her a cute skirt in the juniors dept
and a nice top. The skirt is a denim blue that will work dressed up or
dressed down. She found a top that she now wants to return. Then we found me
a top that will work with black slacks for our fancy graduation dinner out.
And some Silly Bandz - anyone else have kids collecting/swapping these. On
to the mall - were to start the experience, DD makes a card at AC Moore.
Then on to Payless Shoes (face it, if she's wearing a 10 now, I'm not paying
$$$ for shoes until the feet stop growing) No luck and down the mall we go.
People watching is truly scary there sometimes. She convinces me to go into
Aeropostale - home of trendy clothes for stick figure teens. I figure, this
is going to hurt and nothing will fit. But amazingly, we find two tops and
two tanks/camis and the total is about $40. And it's all cute and flattering
to her figure and coloring. I don't see her giving up the hockey tee's
anytime soon, but it was a first step to "girl". At Old Navy, she found a
swimsuit and two pairs of flipflops. Time to go home, via the mall Dairy
Queen. Meanwhile at home, there is a crisis brewing and furniture moving.
First, K "found" my in-laws old stereo cabinet in the basement and we have
to move it up TODAY. AND K can't find his hat from Nationals and is sure
Pat threw it out. Won't look in any other bins they filled and stored in the
closet. OMG - insists that we take all the bags of trash out of the wheelie
bin and search. OK - we'll take the bags out, but I'm not going through them
tonight. After a nice dinner out, he looks and finds the hat exactly where I
tell him to look.....

So - now, I've read all of my email, my birding and gardening newsgroups,
played Mafia Wars and I'm almost done here. SO, I'm off to stitch and read.
And rest...

Old May 30th 10, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
[...]

Your story sounds so typical of a happy, healthy family.

You deserve a quiet day today, so be sure to do what you said and stitch and
rest and play.

Old May 30th 10, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 5/30/10 9:39 AM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Well, it's been amusing folks.

SNIP

So - now, I've read all of my email, my birding and gardening newsgroups,
played Mafia Wars and I'm almost done here. SO, I'm off to stitch and
read.
And rest...

Your story sounds so typical of a happy, healthy family.

You deserve a quiet day today, so be sure to do what you said and stitch and
rest and play.

leafed through a magazine, moved some of my garden "tat" out side ( I adore
odd bits of stuff in my garden - mushrooms that chime, stained glass
hummingbirds, chimes....

Cheryl

Old May 30th 10, 03:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

LOLOL....these are the "simple joys of motherhood"...........keep
sane...they are maturing, even though it seems not. Probably Kurt's
friend has given him a "kick in the pants" figuratively speaking; he
will have to keep his part opf the dorm room reasonably tidy. Not Martha
Stewart tidy, but not his usual trashy area.

DGS's room was appalling, but he has been away at school for the last
couple of years, and has learned a little about keeping the area organised.

This too shall pass!

Gill
Old May 30th 10, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

Well, day one started with me forgetting to set my alarm, and so not
getting to the appointment to inspect the car. Luckily, they didn't
charge me. AC will be out until whenever, and temp outside is
reaching 90F. Predicted storms did not materialize, but humidity did
(ugh).

So the day went - get up late, rush to inspection station, wander
home, get last of the seedlings into the ground, rest the ankle, do
the food shopping (mostly drinks - I wonder why? , rest the ankle,
mow the yard, rest the ankle, take a looooong cold shower, read a
book.

Tried to sleep and kept smelling something funny - I think the central
air fan may be dead as well. ^%$#%^&! Cats were NOT willing to sleep
and kept crawling all oever me and meowing, so I'm functioning on
maybe 4 hours of very broken sleep. Luckily there is nothing pending
today, and so I don't have to think or move around too much -temps
will still be up near the 90's for the rest of the week

Did get a little done on the Dimple Designs piece - I have about 40
hours work left on it and am at the stage where I just want to get it
done! Next piece clost to finishing is the quilt - it's about 2/3
done. Everything else (~ 8 projects) is not even halfway.

On Sun, 30 May 2010 08:09:37 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Well, it's been amusing folks.

snip
Old May 30th 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Fran" wrote in message
[...]

wrote:

Well, it's been amusing folks.

snip

It doesn't sound like you're having a lot of fun. I had to replace my
central air a couple of years ago so I really do feel your pain.

Keep on taking cold showers, buy an inexpensive fan that you can carry
around with you and face it towards whatever part of you needs cooling and
just hang.

Hang on, it will all soon be old news and everything will be fine for you.

Lucille

Old May 30th 10, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On May 30, 8:09*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Well, it's been amusing folks.

snip Cheryl's activities for the weekend so far.

Me, got the portulaca planted Friday morning, then took
DM for her hair appt. I picked up another Christopher
Fowler, Peculiar Crimes Unit book. We went out for
dinner and just as we got to the restaurant it poured.
By the time we left it was drying up. Got home, no
rain there so out to water flowers.

Sat am planted impatiens, scarlet sage....I think 3+
flats, as well as a couple balloon flowers and some
creeping phlox. By the time I was done it was past
lunch. That's that for the summer except for the
weeding.

I think I'll take the rest of the weekend off. Hope to
get some stitching in this pm.

Think cool thoughts Fran.

Nancy
Old May 30th 10, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

Sounds like a few of us did some garden puttering this weekend. I
planted 3 things yesterday and 6 today. And even though it was early
and not that hot yet, I was sweating enough both days to have to come
in and take a shower. I still haven't purchased any basil and need to
make that last trip to find some. Especially after I had a killer
basil pesto sauce with my burger at the Counter for lunch today. Then
came home to watch the Indy 500. I do this in memory of my dad and all
those hours we spent either watching races on TV, attending races, or
working on friends' race cars. (Always an interesting education for a
young girl...)

While watching the race, I gave in to the inevitable. I've been
working on a mystery friendship sampler and I knew that first band I
did wasn't enough. I really thought I would be find/create words that
would work underneath the band, but, no. The inevitable is to stitch
the band again, doubling its size. Much, much better. I'm more than
halfway finished - probably just another 2 hours to stitch which is
good as we pass these along on Friday. Wish I could show you all
photos, but I can't until we give these back to the proper owners in
December. I do believe I have forgotten what mine even looks like!

Tomorrow it's off to get new tires on the Mazda. And a neighborhood
picnic. But mostly I will be thinking of the many fine young men and
women we met during my husband's Army career who will not have the
chance to be with their families. Not tomorrow. Not ever again. Thank
you.

Donna in Virginia

Old May 31st 10, 01:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 5/30/10 11:03 AM, in article , "Karen C -
California" wrote:

Day One of Weekend here -- pour milk to go with birthday cake.
BLECCCCCCH!

Don't you just hate that. My personal definition of a bad day is when I
discover that the milk is sour during the SECOND cup of tea

Just getting dressed to run to corner for fresh milk, Brian calls,
change plan to go to bank/Safeway/lunch with him.

We check the coupons stashed in the car and discover that Carls has some
really good deals, 2 burgers for $4. Since he doesn't like the
Pineapple Teriyaki burger, we decide that I'll get two of those, he'll
get 2 of what he likes, and then we'll both have one to take home.

Get home, dive into pile of proofreading work. Get through a nice chunk
of it by midnight.

Note there are several e-mails from client who is annoyed with me (how
DARE I have computer problems when she wants her stuff that she
procrastinated on to the point that she needs it "like yesterday"?).
Dither about reading them; I don't have time to get worked up, OTOH, I
know she's contacted at least one of my colleagues and been quoted a
higher price, and suspect she's been soliciting referrals from her
colleagues, so maybe she's realizing I'm as cheap as she's going to find.

Such is life - customer is always right.

Old May 31st 10, 11:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Oh Fran - it's just not getting any better for you is it.
Sounds like a weekend for iced tea and gin and tonic.

Cheryl

On 5/30/10 12:46 PM, in article ,
"Fran" wrote:

[...]

wrote:

Well, it's been amusing folks.

snip

OT this weekend melinda[_2_] Quilting 0 June 22nd 08 09:53 AM
OT- what's everyone doing this weekend? Patti Beads 11 May 29th 07 08:43 PM
All set for the weekend :-) [email protected] Beads 7 August 7th 06 08:28 AM
sew-sew weekend maryd Quilting 5 August 30th 04 04:03 PM
off for the weekend Jalynne Beads 6 July 22nd 04 07:21 AM