New rain days

Old November 13th 09, 07:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Default New rain days

We are into a new Rainy Days group , in which is always wonderful to
grab one`s knitting and knit happily .
just now i knit an artwork for an exhibition . and sort of `found`
`lmost` finnished light green vest that will be hopefully finished
this week,,,,
i am doing my utmost best to work onfinnishing my stash[es] and not
even going near my wool shop ....
mirjam
Old November 15th 09, 08:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

mirjam wrote:
We are into a new Rainy Days group , in which is always wonderful to
grab one`s knitting and knit happily .
just now i knit an artwork for an exhibition . and sort of `found`
`lmost` finnished light green vest that will be hopefully finished
this week,,,,
i am doing my utmost best to work onfinnishing my stash[es] and not
even going near my wool shop ....
mirjam

Our local group has finished making for the mission in Rockford, IL.

I have two baby blankets almost finished.

I continue making caps for next year.

I really enjoyed making so many socks this year.

I would like do a little more 2stranded color work this winter.
This last I did was for my sister.

Dennis
Old November 15th 09, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

I would like do a little more 2stranded color work this winter.
This last I did was for my sister.

Dennis

How wonderful Dennis , that you do things for others ,,
What kind of stranded 2 color work did you do ? i love mixing colors
the more the better .
just saw i have loads of Brick collored threads , maybe enough for a
new vest [ for me] it seems so useful. i have already knitted for
somebody else from this kind of wool, maybe i should mix knitting and
crochet to make it more interesting [ for me to worl on] ?
mirjam
Old November 16th 09, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Hi Mirjam,

Most of my work is fair isle, I should have taken some pictures.

I did do a red and black sweater for my sister in small squares. The
other teachers at her school tried to buy it from her, ladies and the
men. It was 3x4 stitch squares, 3 stitches across.

I just do 2 color fair isle.
Dennis

Old November 17th 09, 05:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

mirjam wrote:
I would like do a little more 2stranded color work this winter.
This last I did was for my sister.

Dennis i went to look at some book , so that i get a better idea ,,,
about such a pattern ,,,, you are doing wonderful stuff
mirjam
Old November 17th 09, 08:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

mirjam wrote:
I would like do a little more 2stranded color work this winter.
This last I did was for my sister.

Dennis i went to look at some book , so that i get a better idea ,,,
about such a pattern ,,,, you are doing wonderful stuff
mirjam

Thank you Mirjam.

I have enjoyed knitting for almost 29 years now. I have tried to do
every type of knitting I see. I have not done many patterns intarsia.

In intarsia if do not lik3e having so many colors of yarn to take care of.

Dennis
Old November 18th 09, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

mirjam wrote:
I would like do a little more 2stranded color work this winter.
This last I did was for my sister.

Dennis i went to look at some book , so that i get a better idea ,,,
about such a pattern ,,,, you are doing wonderful stuff
mirjam

Thank you Mirjam.

I have enjoyed knitting for almost 29 years now. I have tried to do
every type of knitting I see. I have not done many patterns intarsia.

In intarsia if do not lik3e having so many colors of yarn to take care of.

Dennis

I got sleepy on the keys!

OT rain! Taria Quilting 15 December 10th 07 06:50 PM
Rainy days are good days (on topic) Maureen Wozniak Quilting 2 September 25th 06 01:56 PM
Sunday rain glorious rain Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 23 October 20th 05 01:28 AM