re-birth of a designer?

Old March 7th 14, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
LesaLesa

Default re-birth of a designer?

Its been festering for some time now, but it, finally happened. I've broken into my stash after its safe storage for many years. Oh I knew about the lovely linens and silks and beads. The other day, I moved a box in the basement and to my wondrous surprise was a boxful of shiney mill-hill crystal treasures shining up at me just asking to be used. Sparkly treasures have always been my undoing.

In 2012 I was diagnosed with cancer. It was at that time I looked back over all my creative works as a whole and decided my needlework was pretty good.. And I started thinking. Thinking if I got through the cancer I might just have another go at it. Cancer is miserable. I pray for each of you who has been touched by it. My husband of 25yrs was diagnosed last week and I started to rethink my life plan again. He always liked me designing so here I am wondering if I really should maybe give it another go.

With help. Could you all please give me some input? If u know my type of design, is there a market (I can take the truth)? Are stitchers moving back/toward complicated stitching. Are there new stitchers? Or is stitching a lost art?

I appreciate any insight as I've been thinking about this for some years now. I don't want to jump in and hope it works. I want to make it work!

Thank you all for your support now and in the past. :*)
Lesa Steele
Old March 7th 14, 01:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bobbieviorritto

On 3/6/2014 9:17 PM, LesaLesa wrote:
[...]

Lesa

So Pleased to see you again. I would love to see you do some new designs
as the market seems to be filled with primitive, duplicate museum art,
or funny pieces.

Cancer can take a lot out of you, but you beat it. Prayers of
thanksgiving headed your way.

Bobbie V.

Old March 7th 14, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Lesa, how *wonderful* to hear from you! Welcome back to the world of
stitching we all love so much.

On 3/6/2014 8:17 PM, LesaLesa wrote:

In 2012 I was diagnosed with cancer.

I'm sorry to hear of this but am *so* happy to hear you beat it!!!!
Congratulations!

My husband of 25yrs was diagnosed last week

With you as a role model, I pray that he beats it, too.

and I started to rethink
my life plan again. He always liked me designing so here I am
wondering if I really should maybe give it another go.

Definitely!!!!!! Your designs, more than anyone else's, are what drew
me to try hardanger and other cut/drawn/pulled work. They are still
some of my favorite patterns.

I appreciate any insight as I've been thinking about this for some
years now. I don't want to jump in and hope it works. I want to make
it work!

After all of your experiences, you definitely have what it takes!

Keep us posted!

Hugs,
--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old March 8th 14, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

Welcome home, Lesa!

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 3/6/14 -- peacock from www.aflembroidery.com

WIP: Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

COPYRIGHT 2014 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEWGIRLS/INSPIREPOINT,
IT HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
WHICH CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Old March 12th 14, 05:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
LSteele

Obviously I'm not as adept at computer socialization as I once was; please forgive me I'll figure it out, Thank you all for the kind words and especially for the very encouraging emails.

I actually went to Hobby Lobby today. we have a new one here in town (incredible spectacle!) Their cross stitch/needlework department is not very large..mostly Dimensions/Bucilla/Mill House. Just half an aisle. Hard to believe they used to sell my designs.

How things change!!!!!

Again thank you all for the very kind words of encouragement. They are special and mean a lot to me.

Lesa
Old April 3rd 14, 05:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
mirjam

On Friday, March 7, 2014 4:17:21 AM UTC+2, LSteele wrote:
GOOD HEALING !!!
It is wonderful that you healed , Now design what your heart tells you to design ,
Nowadays many people buy embroidered and handcrafted Jewelry.....
mirjam