Day one of weekend

Old May 31st 10, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

Default Day one of weekend

On 5/30/10 8:09 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

Well, it's been amusing folks.

Let's start with Friday morning The power went out and I couldn't so what

*big snip of Cheryl's adventure*
So - now, I've read all of my email, my birding and gardening newsgroups,
played Mafia Wars and I'm almost done here. SO, I'm off to stitch and read.
And rest...

Well you make me tired, but, I also seem to do that myself.

Day 1 - up early-ish, do laundry, scope out landscaping issue. Pre-day 1 -
bought 8 5 gal Mtn Laurels, 1 5 gal Nandina - for replacement of rhodies in
front bed, and 20' bed under LR bay (which is noticeably bare as we earlier
pulled most of the plants, except the end boxwoods) .

Off to Farmer's Mkt in Leesburg to see our poultry guy - who is out of eggs.
Boo. Get some food, and treats for Puckster from gourmet doggie bakery.
Some lovely produce (it's a bigger mkt than our local). Go to PO to mail
stuff (food in coolers). Oh, then to Lowes to buy....edging. Which takes a
while as they have to forklift down a pallet of the great stuff we found
(black tube with flange that you peg thru. No big trench. We've realized
that too much slope on our yard for just clean edge to hold. And while
ultimately we'll do stone - for now this is it. So bought 160' of edging.

Go to nursery en route home, buy 16 bags of mulch, 240# of top soil, and 3
huge bags of soil amendment. Wander around looking at water loving trees to
replace dead crypto in back yard, and scope out some other stuff. Find
unidentifiable mama bird sitting on ground nest in front of some lovely tree
- who is cheeping warnings. Take phone photos - from afar. She actually
puffed way up and blew out her tail feathers. We warned other shoppers -
she had about 4 speckled eggs.

Then to grocery store- some milk problem as Karen. And found....discounted
bunches of meat. OK - then home - at 7, had green chile chicken/beef
burgers, and watched Game 1 of the Cup. Go 'Hawks.

Day 2 - removed 2 full 33 gal bins of weeds from front bed, pulled 2
boxwoors (DH worked on that with me). While he mowed our hayfield. Made
huge cart full of soil (abpaut 200#) after removing about 10 gal of rocks
from LR bed. Put new amended soil mix into bed. Did I mention it was over
90 degrees. Ugh. We did break between 2-4 for lunch and heat stroke
avoidance. Back to yard, and we decide that's it. The plants all get
watered, and we're toast. As in grilled sausage for dinner...and sleep.

Day 3 ----I'm on the cool-off heatstroke avoidance break. We were outside
around 8:30, and the LR bed is done. Woo hoo. So I used about 250# of
amended soil, but it looks good. Darn plants have to be up mounded above
the main bed level. And, yes Cheryl, I have my Mster Gardener start food in
there, and they got mulched, and watered. Did use the entire first cart and
part of 2nd. So, in the meantime, DH went to local Despot, got cheap, rigid
edging to put behind walkway to keep bed from washing away. And then he has
been cutting out the bed shape (sod removal) in the back, for where the
Rhodies are going when I pull them, and 1 spare Mtn. Laurel (the ones for
the bed are bigger than the LR ones. We've decided today is a 2 t-shirt, 2
shorts day - as it is really hot and humid. This if the lunch, cool-off
break. Then back out around 4:30. Then later this week we have to take
down the maple tree (HOA after us) - but at least we can leave the
mulch/stump ring til fall.

On that happy note - off to a cold shower, then I can make lunch. And do
hockey wash - as DH is reffing big boys tonight.

Happy Memorial Day all - it's a good time to reflect and sorry for my heat
whining. Fran, I'm feeling for you.....We slept in the basement when our AC
went out in our old house.

Ellice

Old June 1st 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Carey N.

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Well, it's been amusing folks.

.. AND K can't find his hat from Nationals and is sure
Pat threw it out. Won't look in any other bins they filled and stored in

the
closet. OMG - insists that we take all the bags of trash out of the

wheelie
bin and search. OK - we'll take the bags out, but I'm not going through

them
tonight. After a nice dinner out, he looks and finds the hat exactly where

tell him to look.....

So - now, I've read all of my email, my birding and gardening newsgroups,
played Mafia Wars and I'm almost done here. SO, I'm off to stitch and

read.
And rest...

Isn't that always how it happens: panic reigns supreme. ;-)
Would have saved some time just to look in the stored bins in the first
place, not to mention the effort of having to take the bags of trash out of
their bin. Hope he did the hoisting!
--
Carey in MA

OT this weekend melinda[_2_] Quilting 0 June 22nd 08 09:53 AM
OT- what's everyone doing this weekend? Patti Beads 11 May 29th 07 08:43 PM
All set for the weekend :-) [email protected] Beads 7 August 7th 06 08:28 AM
sew-sew weekend maryd Quilting 5 August 30th 04 04:03 PM
off for the weekend Jalynne Beads 6 July 22nd 04 07:21 AM