OT Special olympics day!

Old May 23rd 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Special olympics day!

Today was finally the Special olympics. I say finally because they
had to reschedule 3 times due to unseasonable weather. I'm just happy
we didn't get the snow they said was possible a few days ago!

It was a balmy 45 degrees with a stiff breeze today.
Ash was in 3 events, the 50 meter run, the long jump and, the softball
toss. They had been practicing in gym class so he knew what he was
supposed to do this year. He jumped, he threw the ball, and he
actually came in third in his run! We were very impressed with him.
The class aide who was designated to run with the kids who needed
partners was puffing though, Ash's was her third race and second in a
row. I told her it was a good way to stay warm.

We had doughnuts with sprinkles to celebrate Ash's ribbon.

NightMist
would have had celebratory sprinkles even if it was a participation
ribbon instead of placing ribbon.
--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.
Old May 23rd 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Good for Ash!!

Kim

Old May 23rd 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Celebrating with donuts sounds like a good idea.
Barbara in SC
"NightMist"

Old May 23rd 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Congratulations, Ash!!!!! My cousin has been competing in the Special
Olympics for many years. She has a wall full of ribbons and is so
proud.

Denise
http://community.webtv.net/DeniseJG/
My QI

Old May 23rd 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

WOOHOO!!! congrats ... but what a chilly day!

Our Summer Games are the first weekend in June. My DS is participating in 3 or 4 track and field
events. I'm looking forward to it --but sure hope we have bright sunshine and high temps!

Kate in MI

PS -- how old is Ash???

Old May 23rd 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Way to go Ash! Wouldn't it be nice if they pushed the date back a bit
to some warmer weather? Ah well! Sounds like it didn't make a
difference in his performance for his events!

Dannielle (who really must find the local SO events to go watch!)

Old May 24th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ash is 6, going to be 7 in July.
His whole class participated.
The thing that startled me was there was only one other set of parents
there besides us. But then I suppose that the multiple rescheduleing
messed up some people's plans. His teacher even had to miss because
she had a doctor appointment she had been waiting on for a couple of
months.

NightMist
It is a sunny 38 degrees on Jamestown, hope it warms up a bit and we
are past frost soon!