We talk a lot!

Old April 29th 04, 12:57 PM
Yarn Forward

Default We talk a lot!

Just did a very painful upgrade on my home computer from Windows98 to
XP. All my programs survived but I lost most of my personal settings.
Anyway, had to resubscribe to the newsgroups which I read and had to
download 18,000 headers from RCTY!

After 3 days I think my computer is 100%, but I said that a day ago as well!

Roger.
--
Yarn Forward
Your On Line Yarn Store

Old April 29th 04, 04:07 PM
NoraBalcer

Roger,

You aren't going to read all of those are you? LOL

Hugs,

Nora
Old April 29th 04, 06:48 PM
Els van Dam

In article , Yarn Forward
wrote:

Just did a very painful upgrade on my home computer from Windows98 to
XP. All my programs survived but I lost most of my personal settings.
Anyway, had to resubscribe to the newsgroups which I read and had to
download 18,000 headers from RCTY!

After 3 days I think my computer is 100%, but I said that a day ago as well!

Roger.

Hang in there Roger, you will get it rolling again, at one point or
another we all have been where you are now. Not only that but soon we
will be there again, when everything get one or two steps ahead of us in
computer land.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old April 30th 04, 01:32 PM
Yarn Forward

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , Yarn Forward
wrote:

Just did a very painful upgrade on my home computer from Windows98 to
XP. All my programs survived but I lost most of my personal settings.
Anyway, had to resubscribe to the newsgroups which I read and had to
download 18,000 headers from RCTY!

After 3 days I think my computer is 100%, but I said that a day ago as well!

Roger.

Hang in there Roger, you will get it rolling again, at one point or
another we all have been where you are now. Not only that but soon we
will be there again, when everything get one or two steps ahead of us in
computer land.

Els

Just found another 2 programs that no longer work! Dont you love Windows?
Roger.

--
Yarn Forward
Your On Line Yarn Store

Old April 30th 04, 09:00 PM
Els van Dam

In article , Yarn Forward
wrote:

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , Yarn Forward
wrote:

Just did a very painful upgrade on my home computer from Windows98 to
XP. All my programs survived but I lost most of my personal settings.
Anyway, had to resubscribe to the newsgroups which I read and had to
download 18,000 headers from RCTY!

After 3 days I think my computer is 100%, but I said that a day ago as well!

Roger.

Hang in there Roger, you will get it rolling again, at one point or
another we all have been where you are now. Not only that but soon we
will be there again, when everything get one or two steps ahead of us in
computer land.

Els

Just found another 2 programs that no longer work! Dont you love Windows?
Roger.

Ah roger, I do not have windows, I have the real thing, work on a G4, but
the problems are often very similar.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome

OMG! My Glass Talk Radio Interview is UP!!!! - OT Tinkster Beads 27 November 8th 04 04:09 PM
off topic. sofi is 8 monts old and can stand and talk! DrQuilter Quilting 17 October 26th 04 05:22 PM
Let's talk!! Kari Machine Knit 4 December 22nd 03 03:05 PM
International Talk Like a Pirate Day (actually ON topic!) Kathy Applebaum Quilting 45 September 23rd 03 08:24 PM